Menu
Two passengers drank 16 bottles of Coca Cola one after another at Guangzhou Airport.
Jul 3, 2012 18:24
  • WANHU
Lonely, funny thing is, we can get hot water from the departure lounge. I refilled my flask before departing to Xiamen.
Wan
Jul 3, 2012 22:34
Wan,

Did you ask him why you had to throw away your water? It seems that he doubted whether your water was safe.
Jul 4, 2012 15:42
  • WANHU
Lonely, you should never argue with any airport official security, especially in China. Further, they don't speak English well.
Wan
Jul 4, 2012 21:01
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

Lonely, you should never argue with any airport official security, especially in China. Further, they don't speak English well.
Wan

Ok, I remember this. Actually, I didn't suggest you argue with the airport securityman. I suggest you ask him why you had to throw your water.
Jul 8, 2012 11:39
  • WANHU
Quote:

Originally Posted by LONELYJOURNEY

Wan,

Did you ask him why you had to throw away your water? It seems that he doubted whether your water was safe.

Since when other people care if we drink the water is safe or not?
Wan
Jul 8, 2012 19:00
  • CANADAGUY
Much of the carry-on restrictions, such as the liquids being discussed here, are a result of the 9/11 incident.

It has been proven that authorities knew before 9/11 that the incident was going to occur. They let the hijackings take place.

The carry-on restrictions we have today on flights are mostly unnecessary. We are screened for our liquids because authorities want to be assured that dangerous chemicals are not being brought onto the plane, which could react to form an explosion.

But as has been pointed out here, one can buy drinks, liquids once you go past security.
There is no guarantee that 'terrorists' can't bribe airport workers who sell these beverages after the security screening.
The 'beverages' could be dangerous chemicals, waiting for a terrorist to come and pick them up.

Jul 8, 2012 21:40
  • CHERRY07
What? The authorities knew before 9/11 that the incident was going to occur. They let the hijackings take place.

Is this real, Canadaguy? How could they watch so many people get killed in the accident? Why didn't they take actions before the tragedy happened? Did the authorities take the hijack as a good excuse to fight the terrorists and invade Afghanistan and other countries?
Jul 8, 2012 22:55
  • RAINDROP
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

Since when other people care if we drink the water is safe or not?
Wan

They care only if the water may bring danger to the plane.
Jul 8, 2012 22:57
  • RAINDROP
The authorities know everything, and also are capable to cover everything up.
Last edited by RAINDROP: Jul 8, 2012 22:57
Jul 10, 2012 19:30
  • WANHU
Dangerous liquid can be less than 100ml which is allowed to bring onboard. To determine if the liquid in the mineral water bottle is dangerous or otherwise why not ask the person carrying it to drink, and if he drinks it's not dangerous. Hijackers and terrorists have other ways how to blow a plane. Like Canada said, mostly unnecessary.
Wan
Page 2 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Two passengers drank 16 bottles of Coca Cola one after another at Guangzhou Airport.
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code