Menu
They are risking their life, but they have no choice!
Jun 22, 2012 01:24
  • CHRISTINE
  • Community Moderator
This is a bridge in Kaifeng, Henan province. It broke with cracks in year 2004, and a side of the bridge has caved in. From the picture we can see there are several wooden supports that hold up the roof. Although it has long fallen into disrepair, this dangerous bridge is not closed to traffic. For people from over 20 villages nearby, the bridge is their only way to Kaifeng center city. Accidents frequently occur, but this has not yet been solved due to the mutually excuses between local Water Resources and Transport Administration.
Whenever the bus arrives, all the passengers are required to get off to save weight, as well as to prevent accidents.

Jun 22, 2012 06:27
  • WANHU
The authority does nothing bu blame one another? What a bureaucracy! Perhaps if someone does from the mishap then the authority may start taking proper action.
Wan
Jun 24, 2012 02:43
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

The authority does nothing bu blame one another? What a bureaucracy! Perhaps if someone does from the mishap then the authority may start taking proper action.
Wan

If I were the mayor of the city, two chief leaders of these two departments will be dismissed. If there was anyone who is hurt when passing the bridge. They two will be sent into prison.
Jun 24, 2012 08:24
  • WANHU
Or dismiss the mayor?
Wan
Jun 26, 2012 04:22
Quote:

Or dismiss the mayor?
Wan

Haha, correct. If necessary, all the leader must pass by the bridge every day until the bridge falls down.
Jun 26, 2012 07:55
  • WANHU
For good governance we need to have accountability.
Wan
Jun 26, 2012 21:56
  • RAINDROP
I am wondering if the bus worths more than the cost for repairing this bridge. I agree to dismiss the mayor as well as leaders of these two departments. They need not to donate money of their own, why didn't they take their responsibility.
Jun 27, 2012 01:10
Quote:

For good governance we need to have accountability.
Wan

Right now the bridge has become famous in China after being reported widely. I hope some reporters can keep an eye on this bridge until it is repaired.
Jun 27, 2012 05:35
  • WANHU
I personally think that's the behaviour of the officials in China, when people make noise they will start to act, against or for.
Wan
Jun 27, 2012 21:54
Quote:

I personally think that's the behaviour of the officials in China, when people make noise they will start to act, against or for.
Wan

There is another possibility: They make promises but never take actions. They promise that they will repair or build a bridge. After a few months, the broken bridge is still there because the media and the public already forget about the bridge.
Jun 27, 2012 22:59
  • RAINDROP
Quote:

when people make noise they will start to act, against or for.
Wan

This is true! Wan, it is notorious. I believe in every place, there might have someone who wants to handle a matter impartially, and to serve the people wholeheartedly.
Page 1 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: They are risking their life, but they have no choice!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code