Menu
The Craze for Postgraduate Studies!!!
Jul 25, 2012 01:55
  • SUNNYDREAM
In China, it is not easy for college graduates to find a satisfying job because there are too many graduates. As a result, many college students choose to continue postgraduate studies. Well, they have to pass the postgraduate exams before continuing ther postgraduate studies.

Every summer, those college students who plan to continue their postgraduate studies join the training organizations, hoping they can earn high scores in the exams.

Here in Jinan, a training organization opens the class in a stadium because they have too many students. Can you imagine how many students are in the stadium? About 3500. Every day, they consume about 100 buckets purified water. Durin the break, there will be a long queue in front of the toilets.

Wish them all good luck!

Jul 25, 2012 22:15
  • GLOOMYSUNDAY
What are they learn from this training? I will be absent and distracted if I were there. Maybe I will be affected by heat outside either. Good luck Chinese students!
Jul 29, 2012 23:10
  • SUNNYDREAM
Quote:

Originally Posted by GLOOMYSUNDAY

What are they learn from this training? I will be absent and distracted if I were there. Maybe I will be affected by heat outside either. Good luck Chinese students!

They learn how to solve the problems in the exams. To some extent, it helps them earn better scores.
Jul 31, 2012 02:26
  • WANHU
I don't think it's conducive enough.
Wan
Jul 31, 2012 22:59
  • SUNNYDREAM
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

I don't think it's conducive enough.
Wan

Sometimes, the training teahers give you some questions and answers. They require you to remember the questions and answers because they think these questions might appear in your exams.

What do they learn from the training classes? Techniques to answer questions and the questions and answers might appear in their exams.
Aug 3, 2012 03:09
  • WANHU
Too many exams in China. We believe in education provided by the college or university so for postgraduate study we don't have to sit for any exams anymore (except for English proficiency) but the students should have their CGPA not less than 3.5. For those doing their master, CGPA should not be less than 3.0 or they won't graduate.
Wan
Aug 6, 2012 01:41
  • SUNNYDREAM
Wan,

That's why many Chinese students can get high marks in the exams but they can not apply what they have learnt into practice. By the way, it has been proved many times that people who fail to earn high marks are more successful than those who do exams very well.
Aug 7, 2012 02:05
  • WANHU
Those students have undergone their basic tertiary education, and yet for their would-be postgraduate study, still have the mentality of how to answer to what questions thus thronged the stadium for the tips from the organiser whom is profit oriented.
Wan
Aug 15, 2012 21:27
  • SUNNYDREAM
Wan,

Tertiary education can benefit those students but they have to live. A Chinese farmer regretted sending his son to study in college. His son earns less than him after graduation.
Aug 15, 2012 23:15
  • WANHU
Some people go for education for better career and salary, while some view education as acquiring knowledge. Mr Lim Goh Tong, who was a school dropout from Anxi, Fujian created a name in Malaysia, who owned a Genting Highlands resort, once used to be the richest man in Malaysia but he never regretted sending his children to universities.
Wan
Aug 19, 2012 22:30
  • SUNNYDREAM
Wan, have you heard of "science and technology are a primary productive force"? This is what we have learnt from Politics books in middle school. Once you acquire knowledge, you'd better put them into practice.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: The Craze for Postgraduate Studies!!!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code