Menu
Gold medal means “everything” while silver and bronze medal mean “nothing”!
Jul 31, 2012 04:30
So far, Chinese athletes have won 9 gold medals. Good news, isn’t it? As a Chinese, I am not excited after hearing the ‘good news’.

In China, the athletes who win gold medals at the Olympic Game will be rewarded with cash, apartments and cars. If they like, they can enter top universities like Qinghua University and Beijing University to study. When they retire, they get good jobs.

What about those athletes who win silver and bronze medals? They are not as lucky as the gold medal winners. The media almost forgets them because their focus is gold medal winners. They will be rewarded but their awards are trivial compared with gold medal winners.

Remember Yi Siling? She won the first gold medal for China in Women’s 10-meter Air Rifle final. Her home is full of reporters who wait to interview Yi’s parents. The local government set off fireworks to celebrate her victory. The fireworks show lasted for more than 1 hour.

Yu Dan, the girl who won the bronze medal of Women’s 10-meter Air Rifle, was totally ignored. After the match, CCTV’s reporter interviewed Yi Siling. When the interview was over, the reporter just thought of Yu Dan but she already went away.

The one who win gold medal deserves applause and prize. However, we shouldn’t forget those who win silver and bronze medals. They are heroes too.

Jul 31, 2012 04:31
PS: I couldn't find a better photo of Yudan on the internet. But there are too many photos of Yi Silin.
Aug 9, 2012 17:17
GUEST62134 I would love to have a silver or a bronze! Second or third in the WORLD (remembering there are close to 7 BILLION people in the world!) is pretty outstanding!

The worst place, I think, would be fourth. Still awesome in terms of achievement, but it would be disappointing to get no medal at all.
Aug 12, 2012 03:18
  • RAINDROP
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST62134

I would love to have a silver or a bronze! Second or third in the WORLD (remembering there are close to 7 BILLION people in the world!) is pretty outstanding!

The worst place, I think, would be fourth. Still awesome in terms of achievement, but it would be disappointing to get no medal at all.

Well, it is lucky to win a medal (no matter it is a gold, silver or bronze medal) but those who joined the Olympics are awesome. At least, they do their best to compete.
Aug 12, 2012 14:28
  • MARK_81
right you are raindrop. I admire everyone who took part in these games. shame that its over in a few hours!
Aug 12, 2012 22:10
  • RAINDROP
Quote:

Originally Posted by MARK_81

right you are raindrop. I admire everyone who took part in these games. shame that its over in a few hours!

Haha, you might be disappointed if you watch Men's 110-meter hurdles final and other sprint matches. They just last for several seconds.
Aug 19, 2012 22:00
  • BBQQ
Lonely,

Yi Siling entered Qinghua University to study at Shool of Economics and Management. She was enrolled to Qinghua University in 2011. But she was suspended for a year because she prepared for the London Olympics.
Post a Reply to: Gold medal means “everything” while silver and bronze medal mean “nothing”!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code