Menu
Should he be slapped for not offering his seat to a pregnant woman?
Aug 26, 2012 02:22
  • JIMMYB
Voting without time limit
Exclusive Vote
  1. 5 vote(s)
  2. 2 vote(s)
Note: Guest voter(s) are not displayed here.
A woman who carried her baby got on a public bus together with her husband. Unfortunately, there was no empty seat on the bus. The driver broadcasted four times, calling on some to give up his/her seat for the woman. But no one offered his/her seat to her. Several minutes later, someone got off the bus and then the woman took that seat.

Suddenly, the husband slapped a boy in front of him. His nose started bleeding but the woman cursed at the boy “Do you have mom? Don’t you know to give up your seat to people who carry a baby?” The boy didn’t hit back. A few minutes later, he got off the bus with his broken glasses. A friend of that boy said ‘he is disabled. He cried sadly after getting back home’.

Who give the husband the right to beat a boy who didn’t give his seat to his wife? The boy didn’t take up the special seats for the sick, the old, the disabled and the pregnant women. If he was really disabled, why didn’t he give up to the woman? Why didn’t someone condemn those people who took up the special seats?

Aug 26, 2012 13:25
GUEST86227 I don't know of any country which has laws forcing anyone to give their seat to the elderly or pregnant women. This is merely a matter of conscience and consideration. However, most civilised countries do have laws concerning assault especially against children. The husband should have been arrested and prosecuted.
Sep 2, 2012 22:07
The boy was timid. If I were him, I would have slapped him back. Other passengers are jerks too. None of them offered their seats to the man's wife. When the boy was slapped, none of them stopped the man.
Sep 4, 2012 01:16
  • WANHU
Since when the bystanders would offer assistance?
Offering seat(s) is a matter of courtesy not compulsory. The husband couldn't slap other bigger adults less they retaliated back, so the boy became his victim in venting his anger because he knew the boy wouldn't slap him back.
Wan
Sep 4, 2012 01:17
  • WANHU
Quote:

Originally Posted by LONELYJOURNEY

The boy was timid. If I were him, I would have slapped him back.

Lonely at that age would you dare to retaliate? Haha
Wan
Sep 10, 2012 03:58
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

Lonely at that age would you dare to retaliate? Haha
Wan

I don't care, Wan. I just want him to know I am not kind of guy who can be bullied by anyone.
Sep 10, 2012 04:01
There are too many freaks. Look at this girl! She bought two tickets, one for her and the other for her dog. Someone suggested that she should take her dog away and give the seat to those who are really in need of it. But she didn't agree because she already bought a ticket for her dog.

Sep 10, 2012 22:09
  • WANHU
Tickets with seat numbers are OK, but if stage bus, others who needed seats also paid the tickets.
Wan
Sep 19, 2012 21:31
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

Tickets with seat numbers are OK, but if stage bus, others who needed seats also paid the tickets.
Wan

Yes, here is another problem. Why do I pay the same as those who have seats if I just stand on the bus? The air-conditioned public buses are popular in cities. But they charge all the same even the air-conditioners are shut down.
Post a Reply to: Should he be slapped for not offering his seat to a pregnant woman?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code