Menu
A 300 million USD bridge collapses in Harbin!
Aug 28, 2012 21:50
  • LAUGH
Recently, a bridge which costs USD300 million in Harbin collapsed, causing 3 deaths and 5 injured. We were shocked to know that the bridge was just completed last November. Have you ever heard about Zhaozhou Bridge in Shijiazhuang? It is about 1400 years old and has gone through numerous natural disasters, but remains safe and sound. Hence it makes us doubt? Corruption? the ancient people are smarter? What do you think?

Aug 28, 2012 22:06
  • LAUGH
By the way, you must be eager to know who built this bridge, right? Honestly, I am also eager to know who built this bridge. However, the local government said it was tooooooo difficult to find out who built this bridge.

A Chinese commentator finally found out who built this bridge. Harbin Tofu Factory. You must be curious about it, right? Don't worry. Let me explain to you.

First, you should know that the bridge is a jerry-built project. Do you know how Chinese people call it? "DOU FU ZHA (soya-bean dregs)". Who produces "soya-bean dregs"? Of course the tofu factory.

I do not know how difficult to find the builder. But how can they easily say that before looking for the builder?
Sep 2, 2012 22:28
Laugh,

The bridge was highly praised by the local government and media after it was finished. Originally, the project was estimated to be finished in 3 years. But it was finished just in 18 months and collapsed after it was put into use for one year. It was a miracle.
Sep 3, 2012 21:43
  • WANHU
It was a miracle or a disaster?
Wan
Sep 10, 2012 03:47
  • LAUGH
It's a miracle as well as a disaster. It's a miracle that they built this bridge so quickly. It's a disaster that some drivers lost their lives on this piece of shit.
Sep 10, 2012 22:23
  • WANHU
Laugh, USD300 million is not just a piece of shit. Hehe
Wan
Sep 19, 2012 21:21
Yesterday, Harbin already announced their investigation result. It is the cars who carry too much goods and force the bridge to fall down. The families of the victims don't accept the investigation result.
Sep 20, 2012 03:08
  • WANHU
I thought only wooden bridge in my hometown when we built to cross the small river that couldn't withstand the load of cars, but USD300 million bridge? Lonely, maybe that costly bridge was meant for pedestrians only.
Wan
Sep 26, 2012 22:39
  • SUNNYDREAM
I was concerned about this accident. The Harbin government just says the overload caused the collapse of the bridge. But they didn't say how much weight the bridge can burden. Also there is no sign on the bridge that tells the drivers the maximum weight burden of the bridge.
Oct 5, 2012 11:14
  • WANHU
They just provided excuses, dear Sunnydream.
Wan
Oct 6, 2012 03:12
  • SUNNYDREAM
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

They just provided excuses, dear Sunnydream.
Wan

I see it, Wan. But people are not fools. Better find some convincible excuses.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: A 300 million USD bridge collapses in Harbin!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code