Menu
How to find a ‘suite’ hotel deal
Aug 29, 2012 04:48
  • JANEVU
A holiday is the one time of year that everyone looks forward to, a chance to get away from all the trials and tribulations of normal day-to-day life and simply relax in peaceful, chilled surroundings. Getting your hotel or flights cheaper however, can make it a holiday to remember.
Here are some great tips to help you get the best deal for your hotel.
Online isn’t always best
The web is a great place to get the best deals on many things, and you will always find hotels and holidays cheaper online than you will in the travel agents, but it isn’t always the best way to get the best hotel deal. Contacting the hotel directly and speaking to the manager or director of sales can help you get the cheapest room rate.
Use a reliable website
There is an endless list of travel and holiday websites online, so choose one that is reliable and has a good reputation. Companies with a lot of experience will help you to find the best deal for your money.
Go off season
It’s common knowledge that hotels are busier and more expensive in the most popular summer months so if you can go at quieter times in the year. Hotels are naturally quieter in the off season so will be more likely to offer cut price deals to fill rooms.
Join websites and forums
There are forums all over the web to give you travel advice. Other holiday goers are an untapped source of information and may know great hints and tips to get your hotel deal cheaply as possible.
Research places outside the city
Inner city hotels will always be the most expensive due to the large amount of people and the demand. Research areas outside of the city which are quieter and you may find some beautiful hotels which will therefore be cheaper as they do not have the same demand.
Book well ahead
Booking well in advance means your price is locked and you may get some handsome discounts or freebies. It also takes the stress away of last minute booking and the hike in prices.
Be a loyal customer
Many hotel companies offer loyalty cards or promotional offers. If you are a frequent traveller or hotel user, make sure you buy into these kinds of offers. Many hotels are run by companies that own hotels all around the world, so by frequently using one hotel, you may have got yourself a free stay in another.
Hidden charges
Be careful of hidden fees or charges. Some hotels will include charges for credit card use or city taxes, so make sure you know all the facts and details before you book.
Stay midweek
Whatever time of year, weekends are always the busiest and most expensive times to stay, so be flexible and look to stay Sunday-Monday rather than Saturday-Sunday. You’ll be surprised how much money you could save.
Sep 3, 2012 21:38
  • WANHU
Good travel tips. But it is not easy to contact hotel managers in foreign countries. Through my experience with airlines such as AirAsia, I need to buy tickets at least nine (9) months in advance. Last time returned ticket Kuala Lumpur-Tianjin was only RM70 or about USD24 under its free seats offer.
Wan
Sep 3, 2012 21:47
  • JANEVU
Book in advance is always good way to ensure that our trip will run smoothly. With hotel , you also should book in advance, but for my experience, you dont' need to contact hotel manager , just with sales or higher level of sales, you may have better room rate, otherwise, book on online is also okie :)
Jane
Sep 4, 2012 09:38
  • JAMILA
many hotels would be easy fully booked on holiday, so suggest travelers book it in advance.
Sep 5, 2012 23:30
GUEST18101 i found this Sunway Hanoi hotel has a good deal ya
Sep 6, 2012 07:35
  • WANHU
In Saigon (HCM City) I'd prefer for a local to reserve a room for me, it's cheaper than internet or walk-in as a foreigner. In UK I usually book online through Londoncity.com and in Southeast Asian cities I'd prefer Asiarooms. In China (especially in GZ) I never have a problem in securing a room, even during Canton Fair.
Wan
Post a Reply to: How to find a ‘suite’ hotel deal
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code