Menu
Anti-Japanese Movement 2012
Sep 13, 2012 21:40
  • JIMMYB
A car owner in Shanghai burnt his Honda Civic before the sales department of Dongfeng Honda on 09/13 to protest Japan’s Diaoyu (Senkaku) Islands Purchase Plan. He unfurled anti-Japanese banners along Jiangyang North Road.

Japan’s Diaoyu (Senkaku) Islands’ purchase aroused anger of all Chinese people and caused anti-Japanese protests in Shanghai, Xian, HongKong, etc. as well as a boycott of Japanese goods. It is time for Chinese to take a hard line on this issue. “Japanese devils, get out of the Diaoyu Islands."

Sep 13, 2012 22:11
  • RAINDROP
I have to say: if there is a demonstration here, just count me in.
Sep 15, 2012 01:30
  • GLOOMYSUNDAY
Today (15th September 2012), many university students and local citizens join the anti-Japanese parade in Xian.

Sep 15, 2012 08:06
  • SEVEN11
Honda has got fatal mechanical design problem that cause this incident! Shanghai folks are supposed to initiate a plan to let them conduct recall those trash Japanese cars!

If Dodge Lux doesn't suit road conditions in SH, why not drive German cars. I believe German cars (from high end to low end) has been going back and forth in SH dominantly all the time.

My belief is that the man who drives Jap car is not a real man! And it's time to swith cameras to German ones which have hight quility. I have got a classical German one, which is functioning very well!

Economic sanction is a fatal one to Japs and rational military actions are resonable if necessary.

Last edited by SEVEN11: Sep 15, 2012 08:12
Sep 16, 2012 02:40
Seven11,

Unfortunately, some Chinese people just destroyed their own people’s Japanese cars. You can refuse to by Japanese cars but you have no right to break other people’s Japanese cars because the cars are their legal properties.

By the way, Japanese auto manufactures produce auto-parts for many other world’s auto manufactures. If anyone tries to boycott Japanese cars, they should give up buying those cars from the manufactures that use auto-parts made by Japan.

I saw a picture on the internet. A Chinese protestor wore a T-shirt with a slogan “Boycott Japanese Goods” and held a Canon camera to shoot pictures during a demonstration. Didn’t he know Canon is a Japanese camera maker?

People dare to break down others’ Japanese cars. Why can’t they break down their own cameras first? Maybe, they should destroy their ID cards too because they were made with the application of Fuji’s technology.
Sep 16, 2012 15:32
  • SEVEN11
L J,
I am not affected at all. My daily life has no Japs elements involved except one sony video camera and a digital camera which have been idle there for a long time because they are replaced by smart phone. Whenever I go food shopping, I rarely step into Japs food isle. Whenever I drive Jps car, I feel psychologically unsafe and biologically uncomfortable. That is my personal preference that I am not inclined to buy Japs products. I used to be told by a business man that all products sold world wide have Chinese elements except mattress (no kidding at all). Cars sold and run in the WEST has Chinese elements, which is a sad truth that brings job losses in the west due to outsourcing.
If financial position allowed, I would have thrown anything that had Japs elements even though it was expensive. This is a gesture which is definitely not accounted as expense but rather an big assets that would create lots of future favors for this anti-Japs event!
It’s sad that boycotting Jps products bring lots of hit to business especially small biz that promote anything related Jp. Discarding Jp is trendy though. The term, “东洋货” to local SH people is the alternative of ‘no good’ traditionally and historically. We, as ordinary Chinese, have minds not as broad in this events, but something hidden in deep minds unconsciously awaken in this events. And even though we are shallow, we clearly know we should continue to move on rationally because Japan as a nation without dignity (we ordinary people call it ‘东洋狗’ ) is not the right partner for China to play with and challenge.
Sep 17, 2012 01:32
Seven11,

I just think that economic sanctions are more effective. China can take measures to limit some rare sources like rare earth. I believe that Japan will suffer a lot. This doesn’t mean that I object people to boycott Japanese brands.

“If financial position allowed, I would have thrown anything that had Japs elements even though it was expensive.”

I agreed. I accumulated more than 3 months salary and then bought a DSLR camera. It was made in Japan. I won’t break it down to show my anger. If any Chinese makers can make their own DSLR, I wouldn’t have bought a Japanese camera.
Sep 17, 2012 19:17
  • SEVEN11
L J,
Check the packing specifics of your Jps products, it's most probably made in Malaysia or somewhere else in South East Asia...and I can get Iphone 5 made in China in no time. And it's even better than those made in USA.

Hope China will speed its high-tech export considering it's general labor cost is becoming higher and higher...
Sep 17, 2012 21:14
Seven11,

It doesn’t matter where the Japanese products are made. The core technology belongs to Japan. China, Malaysia, Thailand and other countries just assemble the parts together. They don’t master the core technology.

You mentioned iphone. I guess you know that Chinese factories just assemble the iphone and earn very little money compared with Apple. Made in China and Made By China are totally different.

Yesterday, I heard that Canon already closed its factories in China and some Japanese schools were closed too. Canon said that they currently didn’t think of pulling themselves out of China. What will happen if all Japanese corps leave China? A lot of Chinese people will lose jobs. This will be a big problem. Thus, economic sanctions won’t be put into effect easily.

“Hope China will speed its high-tech export considering it's general labor cost is becoming higher and higher...”

It’s happening. Adidas will close its only factory in Suzhou in October. According to the news report, In Vietnam, a clothing work just earns around CNY 500 per month. In Guangzhou, an ordinary worker earns at least CNY 2500 per month. No wonder Adidas decides to leave China.

What should we do? Maybe a Chinese middle school student already gave us the answer.

"We can boycott Japanese commodities but we shouldn’t break our own Japanese commodities. We should do much better than Japan in every industry or trade. Our government officials should be more incorruptible than Japanese government officials. Our streets should be cleaner than those in Japan. Our bridges should be much stronger than Japanese bridges. Our young generation should be more promising than Japanese young generation.”
Sep 17, 2012 22:39
GUEST70194 L J,

The registerred owner of technology cannot stop somebody else from mastering this techonolgy! Chinese can master the toppest-tech which is reflected in its space exploring field. So what else Chinese is not able to master in terms of technology.

It's the country with the biggest poplulations that requires it to keep diversified industrial structures including labor intensified industrie as you said. If the population were to be cut half, It would leap forward much much faster in transforming into a capital and technology super power.

L J, I guess you are not willing to see China performing its transition fast and want to keep the status quo and enjoy the easy life supported by the developing countries cheap labor costs.

Remember: the LUCK has its own time frame of cycle!

Seven 11
Sep 18, 2012 07:28
  • NOBODY
People might hate me for posting this, but i think it's stupid what Chinese and Japanese do.
I know, as a German i am not really involved in the whole story, but think about it. What exactly would you gain if the Island is Chinese? Or what would you gain if it wasn't?
The common people get nothing, the only thing that makes people angry is their pride and patriotism.
War and other horrible things happend because of pride and patriotism.
Give the island to someone else, if the 2 children (China and Japan) can't decide who gets it, than it's maybe time for both to give it up.
Page 1 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Anti-Japanese Movement 2012
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code