Menu
A True Love Story In 22 Pictures
Sep 19, 2012 22:33
  • SUNNYDREAM
A U.S. bomb disposal soldier lost his limbs during an operation in Afghanistan several months ago. After learning this grievous news, his girlfriend didn’t leave him. Instead, she did her best to help her boyfriend recover. She carries him up and down stairs, watch movies and enjoy the sea together. Right now, her boyfriend can walk with artificial limbs.

The boy has a dream, building a wooden house by the lake. In this way, he can hike in the woods and mountains with his girlfriend. To make his dream come true, his girlfriend and he saves money together. However, his dream was almost gone after he got injured.

A U.S. website interviewed him and launched a campaign to call on people to donate money to this hero. Originally, the website planned to collect 30000 USD for him. Just in 12 hours, the website already received 143000 USD. So far, the donation is above 250000 USD.

Last edited by SUNNYDREAM: Sep 19, 2012 22:42
Sep 22, 2012 11:38
  • WANHU
In another scenario, how about the civilians got bombed in Afghanistan, who lost their breadwinners? Well, no donations for them. They are neither heroes nor villains? Just food for thought.
Wan
Sep 23, 2012 00:46
  • SUNNYDREAM
Wan,

We just see it from different aspects. The young man is also a victim in the war. The one who should be blamed is the one who decided to launch a war against Afghanistan.
Sep 25, 2012 08:28
  • WANHU
True, and he's one of the pawns in the game.
Wan
Sep 25, 2012 20:43
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

True, and he's one of the pawns in the game.
Wan

Wan, we have humanity inside. Though he joined the war, he is still the victim. His wife is the best girl he has ever met. Suppose his wife left when he lost his limbs, I guess that he might not recover.
Oct 5, 2012 18:01
  • WANHU
Quote:

Originally Posted by LONELYJOURNEY

Wan, we have humanity inside. Though he joined the war, he is still the victim. His wife is the best girl he has ever met. Suppose his wife left when he lost his limbs, I guess that he might not recover.

He definitely made the wrong choice in marrying a girl.
Wan
Oct 6, 2012 04:25
Quote:

He definitely made the wrong choice in marrying a girl.
Wan

Why? Do you think he is a burden to her?
Oct 10, 2012 12:43
  • WANHU
"Suppose his wife left when he lost his limbs, I guess that he might not recover."
Lonely, I commented some parts of your statement, not about what the girl is doing.
Wan
Oct 14, 2012 02:08
Quote:

"Suppose his wife left when he lost his limbs, I guess that he might not recover."
Lonely, I commented some parts of your statement, not about what the girl is doing.
Wan

I am still a bit confused, Wan. Your coment is made for the above sentence? I just think that you do not agree that he should get married with a girl because he will become a burden for them.
Oct 15, 2012 11:41
  • WANHU
Lonely, it means if his wife left him when he lost his limbs, then he has made the wrong choice for marrying that girl.
Wan
Oct 16, 2012 04:27
Quote:

Lonely, it means if his wife left him when he lost his limbs, then he has made the wrong choice for marrying that girl.
Wan

Ok, thanks for your explanation.
Post a Reply to: A True Love Story In 22 Pictures
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code