Menu
How much will you pay for the entrance fees of the scenic spots in China?
Oct 9, 2012 12:59
  • WANHU
Quote:

Originally Posted by RAINDROP

Some Chinese scenic spots also have preferential policies for the locals. They pay less than the tourists with their ID cards.

Today, many cities issue 'Tourist Cards' to its people. With such a card, they can visit many scenic spots for free or get discount when they buy the entrance tickets.

For CNY 98 for free entrance or at a good discounted price is worth the price. But if you go there only once, the the entrance fee is RMB120 is not worth to purchase.
Wan
Oct 9, 2012 21:54
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

For CNY 98 for free entrance or at a good discounted price is worth the price. But if you go there only once, the the entrance fee is RMB120 is not worth to purchase.
Wan

Wow! I have used three tourist cards. I remember that I used my first tourist card to visit Bell and Drum Towers, Great Mosque and Qinling Wildlife Park in Xian. My first tourist card cost me CNY 68. The entrance fees to the above attractions cost me 105 (CNY 40 for Bell and Drum Towers, CNY 50 (half-price) for Qinling Wildlife Park and CNY 15 for the Great Mosque). The tourist card helped me save CNY 37. In fact, I haven’t been to other attractions with my card.

The second tourist card cost me CNY 78. With this card, I visited the City Wall two times for free. I was lucky to appreciate the lantern exhibition during the lantern festival with my card. It saved me CNY 60. In fact, the tourist card allows me to climb the city wall anytime I like. I also visited Qujiang Cool Cave for free.

This year, I bought the tourist card too. It cost me CNY 98. So far, I have been to the city wall two times and Tang Paradise once for free.

The tourist card costs more and more. But I will keep buying it and visit the attractions with the tourist card. I have to say that some of the attractions are not worth a visit. But there are some well-known attractions included. Just hope that Mt. Huashan and Terra Cotta Warriors can be included in the tourist card one day. The entrance tickets to these two places are too expensive.
Oct 10, 2012 02:38
  • WANHU
A lot of business enterprises are making fast money with discount or membership cards, including for hotels and diners. One time a 5-star hotel offered me a membership card for RMB500, and I could stay at any of its chains for one night inclusive of breakfast (one time). Consecutive stay, I got 25-40% discount. It looked good and inviting, but then I have my own house, why pay 500 for sleeping? I could use that 500 for better beneficial things.

One time I was offered RMB5000 for a business class flight to Guangzhou (a return flight) instead of RMB9000. So I would save RMB4000. I told her why should I waste my money when I could get RMB1500 through AirAsia?

For me, it's not only do i need the offer(s) but also about cost saving.

Wan
Oct 14, 2012 02:05
You are a prudent and economical man, Wan.

I used the tourist card for the same reason. I didn't want to spend all my money on the entrance tickets. The card can save me some money.

Air Asia has many promotions. I followed them on Sina Weibo.com. The prices are very cheap. Unfortunately, I don't have time at present. Otherwise, I will book a round way air tickets to Thailand.
Oct 15, 2012 11:02
  • WANHU
I always use AirAsia for my personal travel.
Wan
Oct 16, 2012 03:36
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

I always use AirAsia for my personal travel.
Wan

Do you know why AirAsia offer cheaper air tickets than other airlines? Once I read that An India airline also have cheap airtickets but it charges more if you bring more luggage. Luggage charge sometimes exceeds the air ticket cost.
Oct 16, 2012 05:24
  • WANHU
AirAsia doesn't provide complimentary food nor drinks. Even luggage is charged at RMB70 per 15kg is RMB80 and 20 kg is RMB90. You are allowed to have hand luggage not more than 7kg. It is no frills flight, where the cabin crew need to clean the flight after landing, you don't use aero-bridge after landing (in Malaysia). Malaysia Airlines for example, serving the food by caterer is quite costly and the customer needs to bear the cost(s). Thus, the cost-saving system by AirAsia is given to the passengers.
Wan
Oct 17, 2012 04:15
Wan,

Did you hear China Spring Airlines before? It has no free meals on the plane. If you want to eat, just buy it on your own. It's airplanes just have economy class, no business and first class. The stewards may promote some commodities to you. Don't be surprised if you come accross this situation.

Also, it has its own luggage weight regulations which are not in accordance with other airlines.
Oct 18, 2012 03:04
  • WANHU
I used to travel with AirAsia, Kuala Lumpur-Tianjin-Kuala Lumpur at RMB140. It was a promotion.
Wan
Oct 19, 2012 22:58
  • RAINDROP
A big promotion!!

To lonely,

I will never use China Spring Airlines, I know that the plane is small and the room between seat is limited too. Never ruin a journey at the beginning.
Page 2 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: How much will you pay for the entrance fees of the scenic spots in China?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code