Menu
What a busy week! The camels died of exhaustion!
Oct 6, 2012 01:32
  • SUNNYDREAM
The golden week (Oct. 1 to 7) is probably the busiest holiday. Thousands of millions of tourists go out to visit the tourist attractions.

No.1 On Oct. 2, the Forbidden City received around 180000 tourists. 30 regular ticket offices and 4 temporary ticket offices were open one hour in advance in order to let the tourists buy their tickets successfully.

Oct 6, 2012 01:52
  • SUNNYDREAM
Broken Bridge on the West Lake. I am wondering how much weight it can burden.

The White Snake will be heartbroken if she saw this because she can't find her buffalo boy among thousands of tourists.

Oct 6, 2012 02:07
  • SUNNYDREAM
In the Crescent Lake Scenic Area, some camels died of exhaustion. According to the scenic area, there are 1000 camels inside the scenic area. A camel can carry 7 people per day from 05:30 to 22:30. However, there are nearly 8000 tourists per day. In order to serve for the tourists, the camels and their masters have no time to take rest.

Oct 6, 2012 08:12
GUEST17115 Check the cause of death again. Can't be exhaustion, since camels are the masters of energy and water conservation.
Maybe the tour operators/hosts died of exhuastion...
Oct 6, 2012 21:15
Sunnydream,

Thanks for posting this thread. I didn't go anywhere during the National Day Holiday. It's really the bad time to travel during the national day holiday.

In fact, there are only two camels that died of exhaustion. It is said that the masters didn't feed the camels properly. Now a new regulation has come out. One camel just serves for 5 people per day. Those who break the regulation won't be allowed to do business in the scenic area.

GUEST17115,

So far, I haven't heard any tour guides/operators/hosts died of exhaustion.

Look at the Badaling Great Wall. How crowded it is!

Last edited by LONELYJOURNEY: Oct 6, 2012 21:18
Oct 6, 2012 21:21
China issues a notice that cars within seven seats enjoy free ride on the express way during the National Day Holiday. Many people drive their cars to travel. As a result, traffic jam occurs. The express way becomes a large parking lot.

Last edited by LONELYJOURNEY: Oct 6, 2012 21:23
Oct 6, 2012 21:25
Look at this picture. Tourists left 50 tons rubbish along the beach in Sanya after they enjoyed the Mid-Autumn Festival.

Oct 9, 2012 14:17
  • WANHU
Can I say it's a crazy week? Luckily I didn't go to China during the National Day Holiday. I was planning to go to Shanghai via Hangzhou but I chose to go to Cambodia instead, and visited a few poor villages and villagers.
Wan
Oct 9, 2012 22:29
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

Can I say it's a crazy week? Luckily I didn't go to China during the National Day Holiday. I was planning to go to Shanghai via Hangzhou but I chose to go to Cambodia instead, and visited a few poor villages and villagers.
Wan

People are getting rich but don't have enough time to travel. Originally, there are two golden weeks (May Day Holidays and National Day Holidays). I do not know why stupid experts suggested canceling May Day Holidays. They claimed to increase Tomb Sweeping Holiday and Mid-Autumn Holiday. But why May Day Holiday is cancelled?

China stipulates all works are entitled to spend their annual leave with payment. Unfortunately, some enterprises don’t abide by the stipulation. Their workers dare to ask for annual leave. Why? Once you did it, you would possibly lose your job. You know, it is difficult to find a job because the competition is very fierce. Thus, the workers give up their annual leave.

Last year, someone even suggested National Day Holidays should be cancelled too. I say his head is full of shit. Or maybe he must be a school teacher. The experts in colleges have summer and winter vacations. They never think about those ordinary workers.

Oct 10, 2012 07:06
  • WANHU
How about spring holidays?
We have 1 day for 1st of May, 2 days for Chinese New Year, 1 day for National Day...
Wan
Oct 14, 2012 02:58
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

How about spring holidays?
We have 1 day for 1st of May, 2 days for Chinese New Year, 1 day for National Day...
Wan

Spring Holidays are very busy. It's like a great migration. People come back home to get together with their families. However, many families choose to travel together during the Spring Festival.

You know where is the busiest place? Railway Stations. Look at Xian Railway Station.

Post a Reply to: What a busy week! The camels died of exhaustion!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code