Menu
Crowded Golden Week! Worst time to travel!
Oct 8, 2012 03:59
  • LAUGH
People in China have had an 8-day holiday from the past Sep 30th to Oct 7th, the longest ever. However, this long “Golden Week” has somehow turned into an “annoying week”, with various problems occurring, like highways blocked and becoming parking lots, beaches in Sanya turning into dumping grounds, tourists held up at attraction sites including West Lake, Mt. Hua and Jiuzhaigou Valley, about 10000 visitors having no place to stay in Lijiang, railway stations crowded with passengers… What a “Crowded Week”!

Oct 9, 2012 13:01
  • WANHU
It shows population explosion.
Wan
Oct 10, 2012 01:19
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

It shows population explosion.
Wan

Look at the second picture. Rubbish explosion.

The third picture: What would you do if you were trapped on the express way, Wan? I read that some drivers and their friends just got out to play tennis or walk their dogs.
Oct 10, 2012 02:44
  • WANHU
You mean they bring along their rackets when travelling? I seldom travel long distance with my old car, usually I would take public transport.
Wan
Oct 14, 2012 04:29
Quote:

You mean they bring along their rackets when travelling? I seldom travel long distance with my old car, usually I would take public transport. <br />
Wan

Honestly, I don't know if they foresee this situation and have prepared rackets to kill time. But many of them drive their own cars. Hearing "the car free on high way" policy, they all want to experience self-drive tours. Then traffic jam ocurs and the high way turns into a parking lot.

I suggest that the government should invest more to develop public transporation. On the other hand, they have to figure out a way to control the private cars. Then traffic jam will not occur frequently.
Last edited by LONELYJOURNEY: Oct 14, 2012 04:31
Oct 14, 2012 15:41
  • WANHU
We have traffic congestion in Kuala Lumpur almost everyday. Malaysia has only 21.5 million vehicles and from that total, more than 4.9 million vehicles are registered in Kuala Lumpur. Unlike China with big cities and wide roads, Kuala Lumpur is a small city with smaller area and with that amount number of vehicles that roam the city, traffic congestion is inevitable.
Wan
Oct 16, 2012 04:04
Wan,

If China controled the number of private cars, the traffic congestion wouldn't be as serious as today.

I can not understand why the government encourages its people to buy cars. In the past, only rich people were able to buy cars. But now, an ordinary family can afford to buy a car if they like because cars are cheap. A qq just costs around 20000 to 30000 rmb.

Every day, I see many privite car drivers stop their cars on the sidewalk for the blind. There are not enough parking lots. More seriously, the environment has been polluted by the tail gas. I can hardly see pure blue sky recently.
Oct 16, 2012 04:07
I suggest Chinese government impose environment pollution tax on the drivers. On the other hand, the subsidy policy to those who buy cars should be stopped too.
Oct 21, 2012 15:53
  • WANHU
Whether we agree or disagree, subsidising things shows caring, but unfortunately not all things are being subsidised. \
Wan
Oct 22, 2012 01:31
Quote:

Whether we agree or disagree, subsidising things shows caring, but unfortunately not all things are being subsidised. \
Wan

Wan,

They just choose a wrong direction. It's totally unnecessary to subsidize someone who doesn't need subsidy.
Post a Reply to: Crowded Golden Week! Worst time to travel!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code