Menu
Dried persimmon cake
Nov 15, 2012 00:55
  • CHERRY07
In winter, locals in Zhuangli Town, Fuping County of Shaanxi Province collect persimmons from the trees, peel their skin and dry them under sun for 3 or 4 days until the cover turns into white. Then squeeze the persimmons gently. Wait until the cover turns tough, squeeze them again and wait for 2 or 3 days. Then squeeze dried persimmons into flat shape and get rid of the cores. Then, dried persimmon cakes are made.

It is said that dried persimmon cakes are good for people who have high blood pressure. But you should remember "Do not eat dried persimmon cakes when your stomach is empty. Otherwise, you may suffer gastric calculus."

Last edited by CHERRY07: Nov 15, 2012 00:59
Nov 15, 2012 20:54
  • NANCYMOON
Quote:

Originally Posted by CHERRY07

It is said that dried persimmon cakes are good for people who have high blood pressure. But you should remember "Do not eat dried persimmon cakes when your stomach is empty. Otherwise, you may suffer gastric calculus."

It is good to see this tip. I will tell my mom about this later today. It is lucky she favors to eat persimmon, either fresh or dried. Last weekend, I went back home, I saw lines of half-dried persimmon hanging on the wall in the yard. People are clever to save food for winter.
Nov 18, 2012 03:37
Yummy, but people who suffer from diabetes shouldn't eat it for the sake of their health.
Nov 22, 2012 01:24
  • WANHU
You may try by boiling them together: dried persimmon, dried longan, dried Chinese red dates, dried thorn berries and raisins. You may add rock sugar to sweeten.
Wan
Nov 23, 2012 21:39
  • GLOOMYSUNDAY
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

You may try by boiling them together: dried persimmon, dried longan, dried Chinese red dates, dried thorn berries and raisins. You may add rock sugar to sweeten.
Wan

This "prescription" sounds good for female to nourish their body. Thanks for sharing.
Nov 25, 2012 01:25
  • CHERRY07
Wanhu,

What benefits does your prescription? Tried dried persimmons but didn't eat them like you said.
Nov 27, 2012 02:36
  • WANHU
Cherry, this is old recipe from great grandpa from Fukien (now Fujian), it is for health but also taste very nice. Dried persimmons only two pieces for a pot of 8-litre. about 16 pcs of dried longan, 16 pcs of dried Chinese red dates (medium size), 20gm of dried thorn berries, 20gm of raisins. Sometimes sinseh or yisheng puts dried shanza (hawthorn) but it will be too sour.

Red date is good for blood flow while thorn berries are good for the heart.

Wan
Nov 27, 2012 21:23
  • CHERRY07
Wan,

I think I am going to try it. Recently, I am into soybean milk. Every morning, I use yellow and black soybeans, red dates, peanut and some matrimony vine to make soybean milk. It smells and tastes good.
Dec 1, 2012 15:15
  • WANHU
Soybean and peanuts are good for health but not good for those who have kidney problem(s).
Wan
Dec 2, 2012 01:04
  • CHERRY07
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU View Post

Soybean and peanuts are good for health but not good for those who have kidney problem(s).
Wan

Thank you for reminding me, Wanhu. But how to tell if a person have kidney problems?
Dec 13, 2012 14:38
  • WANHU
Body with water retention, high creatinine level (max <133 mmol), etc.
Wan
Post a Reply to: Dried persimmon cake
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code