Menu
The end of the world is nigh?
Dec 1, 2012 00:44
  • GLOOMYSUNDAY
According to ancient prediction by Mayans, the end of the world is nigh! What do you want to do before that day?

Few years ago, I watched movie “The Bucket List” by Jack Nicholson, Morgan Freeman. As terminally ill cancer patients, they decide to break out of the hospital and live their last days to finish a list of goals they wish to fulfill. Regardless of the authenticity of the prediction, I can hardly figure out any goal at the moment. We only live once, what is wrong with me?

Dec 1, 2012 18:36
  • WANHU
Predict or forecast means something we are not sure of. When I was nine, my father died and I asked my mom why my father died? She said: son everyone dies, so were my parents and my grandparents. One day we die too, son.

Her words revolved in my mind, asking questions without answers, why we live, produce (give births) and then die? I looked at religions, and through my personal experience I saw many discrepancies, one school believe in 73 books while another school of the same religion only has 66 books, a religion of peace but its believers are killing one another as well as killing other innocent people (in the name of God). After searching for a long time, I found my focus and purpose of life; things that we can contribute for humanity before my life ends. So dear GloomySunday, seek and you shall find.

Wan
Dec 2, 2012 00:20
  • LAUGH
Sundy, you are depressed a little bit. Go and watch some comic movies or hang out with your friends. You will revive very soon.
Dec 5, 2012 21:08
  • SUNNYDREAM
Maybe, this will amuse you.

An Internet Technology Company in Chengdu issues a notice. According to the notice, all staff will have two days off on Dec. 20 and 21. The manager says the staff won't focus all their attention on their work even they come and work on Dec. 21. Thus, he decides to give them two days off to spend the 'last two days' with their parents.

Dec 7, 2012 03:45
  • GLOOMYSUNDAY
Quote:

Originally Posted by LAUGH

Sundy, you are depressed a little bit. Go and watch some comic movies or hang out with your friends. You will revive very soon.

Laugh, thanks for your suggestion. I m not so depressed as for 70 percent I do not believe in this prediction. Anyway, comic movies are great to relax my body.
Dec 7, 2012 03:49
  • GLOOMYSUNDAY
Dear Sunny, that is really an interesting company. For any reason, I will go home and stay with my parents if I have time.
Dec 7, 2012 03:56
  • GLOOMYSUNDAY
to Wan,

I have to say that you are in a high stage in moral culture that I need to struggle for next few decades. I appreciate your idea, thanks to all and congratulations if I wake up on the sunny morning.
Dec 9, 2012 02:10
  • CHERRY07
Sunny,

The boss is very funny. I will celebrate this day by eating dumplings. It is Winter Solstice. Eating dumlings can protect my ears from cold injury.
Post a Reply to: The end of the world is nigh?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code