Menu
Attitude Decides Everything
Mar 5, 2013 04:58
GUEST83207 After many years in client facing jobs and training I have learned that the first point of contact between client/customer and business is the most important. It is at this stage that the client forms an opinion good or bad. In this situation a combination of attitude and communication is important. It is also at this stage that the business can be won or lost. To be able to welcome and understand the client's requirement quickly is of paramount importance. In China I have noticed one thing common in almost every place where business meets client, be it shop, restaurant or office. No one smiles. A warm smile breaks down many barriers even before a word is uttered. However, I am told by my Chinese friends that if people smiled they would be thought to be strange. How do forum members feel about smiles? :o)
Mar 5, 2013 11:40
  • WANHU
True Mark, that's the ugly truth about advertising industry, with stiff competition amongst themselves. You have self perseverance and integrity.
Wan
Mar 9, 2013 18:44
  • MARK_81
Yes it truly is what they call a “dog eat dog” you can not trust anyone! Have you got experience in this field yourself Wan? thank you for the kind words, yes I try my best and live by principle and example at all times! I tell you this: I have worked many different jobs throughout the years advertising while my main career; I have dabbled in many many different types of jobs but nowhere have I experienced more back-stabbing and dishonesty I have to say!
Mar 9, 2013 18:48
  • MARK_81
guest83207: interesting theory there and I agree a firm hand shake
and a smile will always go a long way!
Mar 14, 2013 09:41
  • WANHU
I'm not into advertising, Mark but I have been around. Small fries will try to stab you while big guns like Ted Bates and O&M will eat you up.
Wan
Mar 19, 2013 19:10
  • MARK_81
yes its a brutal business for sure!
Mar 21, 2013 08:47
  • WANHU
With diligence, hardworking, patience and wits, you will survive this brutal world.
Wan
Page 2 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Attitude Decides Everything
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code