Menu
Is it good to cancel compulsory accident insurance against injury to railway passengers?
Dec 23, 2012 20:42
  • JIMMYB
Voting without time limit
Exclusive Vote
  1. 2 vote(s)
  2. 13 vote(s)
Note: Guest voter(s) are not displayed here.
In the past, all railway passengers have to buy the compulsory accident insurance against injury since it is compulsorily purchased when you buy railway tickets. From January 1, 2013, passengers will not be bothered. The Ministry of China Railways is to cancel compulsory accident insurance against injury to railway passengers from January 1, 2013. As a result, the railway ticket prices will decrease a bit.

According to the railway officials, the compulsory accident insurance against injury takes 2 percent of the basic price of the railway tickets. All passengers can save CNY 0.5 to 4 after the insurance is cancelled.

It’s good that the ticket prices have been lowered. However, what if the railway passengers encounter an accident? The railway officials respond that railway passengers can choose to buy commercial accident insurance.

What if passengers who don’t buy commercial accident insurance encounter an accident when they take

What do you think?

Dec 24, 2012 09:19
  • CARLOS
As long as the raiway company is responsible in case something happens to any passenger, it is all right. That means going to court so I think the company is quite sure it will win about all cases taken to court and finally the passenger pays his costs no matter whose fault the accident was.

Step by step China is sliding closer to the western culture where totally everything that really matters is money, people have a meaning only when they make money to the money.

There is more money in the world than ever - in China too - and everywhere the governments and companies are singing the same song: "We can not afford this, we can not afford that, all we can afford is to own more." The "more" is then taken from the pockets of the people.
Dec 24, 2012 20:53
  • JIMMYB
Carlos,

I am actually interested in how they set the train ticket price. What is the basic price? How many kinds of fees are included in the train ticket? Why can't it be disclosed? Why do they charge the people with stand tickets the same money like those passengers who have seats?
Dec 24, 2012 22:10
  • MARRIE
jimmy..price setting is one of e most complex topics in cost accounting...haha..its not. in the topic scope u initiated . insurance industry has been developed in china . more specificly. in big city forvmore than two decades..its the time to evolve to be commercialied from compulsory where it is realized that we are protected financially in case where the ability to earn for a living is lost...my curiosity is if the hidden mental disorder can be uncoverred in the insurance health exam and if the insurance ealth exam rejects the guys who suffer from the atal disease resulted from long term brain screwed up by a school of evil hidden mice like mobs who themselves have chronical neurological issue as well...
i am a sharp observer with strong mind and i am even able to cure the doctor..as well i hope and glad that this site keeps its young energy . creativty and logic...

merry christmas

Rgds

CAT EYE
Dec 28, 2012 08:15
  • WANHU
I think Railway Company is a responsible company that will compensate accordingly. Even with insurance bought, the policy doesn't cover natural disaster(s).
Wan
Dec 30, 2012 02:52
  • JIMMYB
jimmy..price setting is one of e most complex topics in cost accounting...haha..its not. in the topic scope u initiated .

It's true. But transparency is still needed. To me, I will reconsider that I will buy an accident insurance for me.
Post a Reply to: Is it good to cancel compulsory accident insurance against injury to railway passengers?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code