Menu
Is it frightening?
Jan 22, 2013 20:23
  • JIMMYB
The pop-corn machine in the picture is a part of my memory. During my childhood, the pop-corn maker used this kind of pop-corn machine to produce pop-corn. Every time I saw the pop-corn maker, I pled my mom to buy some for me. But my mom refused since it was sold a bit expensively. Instead, she took half a cup of corn seeds and brought me to the pop-corn maker and asked him to produce pop-corn for me. The pop-corn maker just charged us the production fee.

Almost 15 years has gone, I seldom see the pop-maker and his machine. Until today, I see some foreigners use the pop-corn machine to produce pop-corn. The maker is armed to the teeth. He wears an anti-explosion coverall to do the experiment.

Is the pop-corn machine frightening?

Jan 22, 2013 21:15
  • EMERALD7
During good old days, my grandma gave me a bowl of raw rice and a cup of dry rice cakes whenever she saw the pop corn man around the neighborhood sitting at the bomb like machine making the corn. I brought the bowl to the pop corn man and standing and waiting beside til hearing a big exploding sound...
Jan 23, 2013 00:30
  • JIMMYB
Did you miss the flavor of the pop-corn made by his bomb-like machine? I bought some pop-corn at the cinema when I watched the movies. It tastes totally different from what I used to eat.

Last night, I saw a pop-corn man under the overpass. No kids queued up in front of him. He made the pop-corn and sold it to those who passed him by. I bought a small box. It tasted the same as what I ate when I was young.
Jan 23, 2013 21:19
  • EMERALD7
Jimmy, the pop corn man was turned into a whole salor from a retailer after reckoning that lack of economic scale would eventually kill the street vendor...haha...BTW, the pop corn man has not been seen wandering around for decades.
Jan 24, 2013 00:08
  • JIMMYB
EMERALD7,

Do you know who kind of people become the pop-corn men? Poor people. They take this job to make some money.

Watch this pop-corn man in the street:
http://video.travelchinaguide.com/000777.htm
Jan 24, 2013 19:02
  • SWANSEA
Quote:

Originally Posted by JIMMYB View Post

Did you miss the flavor of the pop-corn made by his bomb-like machine? I bought some pop-corn at the cinema when I watched the movies. It tastes totally different from what I used to eat.

Last night, I saw a pop-corn man under the overpass. No kids queued up in front of him. He made the pop-corn and sold it to those who passed...

I like eating snacks bought from street vendor. It is even more tasty when I watch how it is made on scene. I miss the pop rice and pop rick cakes made by the pop corn man who used to sit at the corner of Long Tang surrounded by a group of hungry kids...

Jan 24, 2013 20:49
  • RAINDROP
Quote:

Originally Posted by JIMMYB

The maker is armed to the teeth. He wears an anti-explosion coverall to do the experiment.

Is the pop-corn machine frightening?

So, the pop-corn machine was imported from China? they should learn from Chinese pop-corn men how they collect the "production" anyway.
funny!
Jan 29, 2013 01:34
  • BBQQ
He must be afraid that the machine breaks into pieces. It's normal that he has such a worry. You know, he never saw this machine before. To be honest, the 'Bang! Bang!' noise is annoying.
Post a Reply to: Is it frightening?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code