Menu
to whom are interested in minority culture & homestay
May 6, 2005 16:48
  • LOUISA
Qiandongnan Miao and Dong autonomous prefecture is located in southeast GuiZhou province.the capital is kaili city there are about 80 different costumes of the nationalities each exquisitely decorated and distinctive.Nationalities in the prefecture celebrated scores of festivals,at least 158,each festivals attracts hundreds and someimes thousands of people.Beating of bronze drums, playing
lusheng,Antiphonal singing by swirling sea of people. Well as is my experience with the miao people they really know how to celebrate and prepare their festivals including bullfights, horse riding , singing folk songs , and playing the lusheng pipe. At festival time the miao women wear their stunning sliver jewellery often piling on five or six neck rings at a time as well as chains loins, chest locks
and multiple headresses ,silver was originally obtained from melting old coins and girls wear huge horned silver headdresses and crowns with delicate birds and flowers and coins. When they move and dance all there jewellery and headresses makes different sounds. Miao people in the villages really are still living their traditional way of life thw woman catch fish in the fileds,the villagers warship stones,bringe,the waterwheel running around. So visitors must journey to the villagers if they still want to feel
the strong flavour of ethnic customs with which the Miao people around Kaili can provide.
i am a local miao girl and kaili is where i live i am going to set up a" miao woman communit centre" for the miao in the village.if you are interested in visit kaili i would ,ove to help you and arrange you homestay in the village in return you will give me english & french as faver.
drop me here
yahoo.com|chinese_miaogirl.
http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/louisa
http://www.jolearn.com/louisa.html

Post a Reply to: to whom are interested in minority culture & homestay
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code