Menu
What if you were the taxi driver?
Jan 30, 2013 21:53
  • CHERRY07
A taxi driver drove a passenger to his destination. He checked the meter and told the passenger to pay CNY 50. The passenger gave the driver a 100 yuan note and the driver started to find changes. Unfortunately, he didn’t have enough changes.

Suddenly, the passengers tore the 100 yuan note into two pieces, threw a half to the driver and then left. The driver was stunned and didn’t know what to do.

If you are the taxi driver, what would you do?
Jan 31, 2013 21:54
GUESTKYLE I will ask the passengers off the car to buy something, then pay me CNY 50. Or I am glad help to make changes.

Anyway, I will be stunned as well if he give me half of 100 yuan note. I may refuse it when I am myself.
Feb 2, 2013 16:02
  • WANHU
Cherry, the driver must have said something to him that made him tore the money into two. After all the money was with the driver. The torn money is no longer a legal tender.
Wan
Feb 4, 2013 21:45
  • CHERRY07
Wan,

I didn't know whether he said something to the passenger or not. It's difficult to tell whose fault it is. If I were the driver, I may accompany the passengers to get changes at a shop.
Feb 4, 2013 23:22
  • WANHU
I'm sure the passenger won't tear the money into half if you're the driver.
Wan
Feb 5, 2013 20:52
  • CHERRY07
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

I'm sure the passenger won't tear the money into half if you're the driver.
Wan

However, I can't drive at the moment. Since the new traffic law is put into use, it is difficult and expensive to learn driving.
Feb 5, 2013 21:36
  • DAVIDLU
in fact ,i never had this experience. I noticed the taxi driver had much changes so this is not a frustration for them. I think this is also common sense for a taxi driver
Feb 6, 2013 18:17
  • WANHU
Quote:

Originally Posted by CHERRY07

However, I can't drive at the moment. Since the new traffic law is put into use, it is difficult and expensive to learn driving.

I have driving licence for motorcycle and car only that I can use in many countries except China, haha.
Wan
Feb 6, 2013 19:36
  • CHERRY07
Quote:

I have driving licence for motorcycle and car only that I can use in many countries except China, haha.
Wan

Wan,

China hasn't signed CONVENTION ON ROAD TRAFFIC. Thus, foreigners with international driver license can not drive in China. Also Chinese citizens can not drive abroad without international driver license.
Feb 7, 2013 00:31
  • WANHU
Even without valid driving licence, I used to drive a scooter in Xinhui.
Wan
Feb 7, 2013 21:17
  • CHERRY07
Quote:

Even without valid driving licence, I used to drive a scooter in Xinhui.
Wan

You are lucky. I guess that the traffic police ingore you. Why don't they check your driver license? They can't speak English, haha.

It snowed last night in Xian. This morning, I saw a car whose windows and plate number entirely covered with snow. I am pretty sure that he will be fined. According to the new traffic law, those who cover their plate numbers on purpose will be deducted 12 points, which means their driver licenses are useless and they have to study again at the school.

In my view, he must be a lazy driver who doesn't care about his car. Other drivers on the road all cleaned their cars. Why couldn't clean his car? What if accident happened? Except for the front window, other windows were all covered with snow.
Post a Reply to: What if you were the taxi driver?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code