Menu
Same-sex Marriage in China
Jan 31, 2013 20:43
  • NANCYMOON
On January 30th, 2013, two aged homosexuals from Beijing got married in a small wedding party. Although the same-sex marriage is not admitted by law in China, homosexuality has been accepted by many Chinese people.

They only invited their close friends to their ceremony. It is a simple wedding but we can see their big smiles on face. I believe they both were immersed in happiness at that time.

Last edited by NANCYMOON: Jan 31, 2013 20:44
Feb 4, 2013 20:33
  • COOLSPRINGS
It's no surprise for me coz I saw the third gender back in China...but whats the point to put up a ceremony instead of staying together...

Last edited by COOLSPRINGS: Feb 4, 2013 20:41
Feb 4, 2013 20:39
  • COOLSPRINGS
[quote=COOLSPRINGS,488621]It's no surprise for me coz I saw the third gender back in China...but whats the point to put up a ceremony instead of staying together...

I heard there's a village, probably Xu Zhou, northern jiang su province where there is very high rate of homosexuals..

And what's the difference between eunarch and gays..

Last edited by COOLSPRINGS: Feb 4, 2013 20:42
Feb 4, 2013 22:56
  • WANHU
A vast difference between eunuch and gay
Wan
Feb 5, 2013 21:41
  • JIMMYB
A tradition? Wedding ceremony is very important to Chinese people. According to the law, you register at the civil affairs bureau and then you become a legal couple. However, they have to hold a wedding ceremony so that others can know they two get married.

This couple is different. They can not register at the civil affairs bureau. Thus, they hold a wedding ceremony to tell others 'They are married'.

It's their freedom. I neither oppose nor support their behavior.
Feb 7, 2013 22:53
  • XIAOBAIHE
Quote:

Originally Posted by JIMMYB

<br />
<br />
It's their freedom. I neither oppose nor support their behavior.

agree.

i am watch a historic TV series regarding ancient chinese eunuch politcs that used to ruin Qing dynasty and Ming dynasty. Their psyche is distorted, nonhuman and even scared...
Last edited by XIAOBAIHE: Feb 7, 2013 22:55
Feb 10, 2013 09:22
  • COOLSPRINGS
Quote:

Originally Posted by XIAOBAIHE

agree.

i am watch a historic TV series regarding ancient chinese eunuch politcs that used to ruin Qing dynasty and Ming dynasty. Their psyche is distorted, nonhuman and even scared...

I am watching it too..the romance of chu and Han...it's the classic of power play and human nature..
Feb 17, 2013 01:18
  • JIMMYB
Quote:

Originally Posted by COOLSPRINGS

I am watching it too..the romance of chu and Han...it's the classic of power play and human nature..

We all know the end. Xiang Yu committed suicide by the Wu River and Liu Bang became the founder of the Han Dynasty.
Feb 18, 2013 09:44
  • COOLSPRINGS
Quote:

Originally Posted by JIMMYB

We all know the end. Xiang Yu committed suicide by the Wu River and Liu Bang became the founder of the Han Dynasty.

Does that matter as a viewer who's won in the end? My opinion, Liu bang is no higher than Liu bei, but the luck matters in the end.

Feb 18, 2013 20:12
  • JIMMYB
Quote:

Originally Posted by COOLSPRINGS

Does that matter as a viewer who's won in the end? My opinion, Liu bang is no higher than Liu bei, but the luck matters in the end.

Do you mean Liu Bang won because of luck? I don't think so. Some TV serials and historical resources depict Liu Bang as a scumbag. But he actually wasn't. Otherwise, Zhang Liang, Xiao He and Han Xin wouldn't follow a scumbag and do their best to help him.

Xiang Yu is a hero. But he was arrogant and proud. If he listened to Fan Zeng's advice to kill Liu Bang, he wouldn't have committed suicide by the Wu River.
Feb 19, 2013 21:41
  • COOLSPRINGS
Quote:

Originally Posted by JIMMYB View Post

Do you mean Liu Bang won because of luck? I don't think so. Some TV serials and historical resources depict Liu Bang as a scumbag. But he actually wasn't. Otherwise, Zhang Liang, Xiao He and Han Xin wouldn't follow a scumbag and do their best to help him.

Xiang Yu is a hero. But he was arrogant and pro...

If Liu Bang had been born near the end of Han Dynasty, he would have been another Liu Bei who was the scumbag even though followed by the wisest man, Zhu Ge Liang...

Xiang Yu has the soft spot for the ones who are weaker than him. At the feast of Hong Men, Xiang Yu should have killed Liu Bang who at that time almost feared to P. And later on Xiang still had chance to escape for reserving his power remained when forced back to the side of Wu River, however he chose to suicide. It's Xiang's soft heartedness and arrogance that fails himeself.
Post a Reply to: Same-sex Marriage in China
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code