Menu
Banking issues
Feb 7, 2013 13:27
guest15014 I am coming to China on 2nd March (from UK) to work there for 2 years and I need to open a bank account on arrival for my salary. What do I need to do this?

Thanks
Feb 7, 2013 20:09
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST15014

I am coming to China on 2nd March (from UK) to work there for 2 years and I need to open a bank account on arrival for my salary. What do I need to do this?

Thanks

It's easy. Take your passport to the bank and ask them to open an account for you.
Feb 9, 2013 04:17
GUEST15014 thank you. well that is easy. I was told that i couldn,t open an account until I got my working visa.
Feb 17, 2013 01:49
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST15014

thank you. well that is easy. I was told that i couldn,t open an account until I got my working visa.

Really? I am sorry that I didn't give you the correct answer. The Chinese documents don't say visa is required.
Feb 22, 2013 01:50
  • WANHU
Many people tried to be experts on Chinese banking. Go to the bank and ask, you'll get the correct answer(s). I'm not working in China, just an occasional traveller. I used to have a banking account in China but now already closed as I don't need to put money in the bank anymore.
Wan
Feb 25, 2013 23:52
Wanhu is correct. Go to the bank and ask them how you can open an account. The documents and requirements might vary from bank to bank.
Post a Reply to: Banking issues
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code