Menu
please advice me
Feb 13, 2013 02:45
guest86240 hi..
im planning to visit some interesting places in china (beijing, shanghai, hangzhou, suzhou) but i have no experience in travelling before. This would be my first time. I need your advice: what are the procedures i need to undertake in order to visit some interesting places in China...? we have local agency here, but the package they offer is quite expensive and not many places to be visited, even the hotels choosen by them are expensive. im hoping for a tour package that enabels me to visit many places in economical budget. so what should i do? should i approach directly to travel agency in china as soon i get there? which travel agency would be good to choose? many thanks.......
Feb 13, 2013 05:57
  • DCHEE
Hi, seems that you just want to visit some big cities in China. I think it's better for you to choose backpacking instead of tavel agency. In the cities, many people can speak English and you can see many bilingual signs on the road. It's convenient. Just be careful with some thieves in these cities. It's more economical.
Feb 14, 2013 07:00
GUEST86226 thanks for your wise advice.... but if i dont have any local tour guide, will i get the high chance to be cheated by the taxi drivers...? and is there high risk that i will be lost and waste a lot of time searching for the places instead........ how to overcome that? thanks
Feb 14, 2013 19:33
  • WANHU
For a first timer probably you need a guide. Though in big cities, Chinese can speak English but through my experience, it's not easy to find in Hangzhou. Last December I was in Hangzhou Railway Station (from Shanghai), and the signage from exit to taxi stand is very poor. Don't flag the taxi at the doorway, or listening to touts (promising taxi or private car) that will charge more. I was at Luohu Port in Shenzhen, a tout asked RMB200 to Feng Huang Road, which by bus only 2 Yuan or by metered taxi only 15 Yuan.

There are various kind of tours, either personal/private or group tour. Private is more expensive as it caters your needs while group tour you can't see much as it has pre-set time. Always in a hurry. Perhaps you may refer to Travel China Guide as I believe it has vast experience though i am yet to experience its service.

Wan
Post a Reply to: please advice me
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code