Menu
A kid gets beaten for showing off his lucky money
Feb 17, 2013 03:19
  • JIMMYB
It’s a tradition that the Chinese old people and the parents give lucky money during Chinese New Year Holidays. How much can a kid earn during the Chinese New Year? It depends on where you live. Generally speaking, kids in the eastern and southern regions receive more lucky money than those in northern and western regions.

Xiaojun and his parents visited his grand-parents in Xingtai during 2013 Spring Festival Holidays. His lucky money is more than CNY 4000. Xiaojun was very happy and took his lucky money to buy snacks at the shop. On his way home, he was beaten by another four kids. According to them, Xiaojun showed off his lucky money to them.

What a pity! I didn’t get any lucky money this year. Instead, I sent out a large amount of money to my relatives’ kids.

Feb 20, 2013 10:39
  • WANHU
Jimmy, that is what happened when we get older (although you're still single), we need to give rather than to get.
Wan
Feb 20, 2013 21:28
  • RAINDROP
How could his parents allow him to bring all his lucky money personally? Her parents should teach him how to allocate his lucky money.

Sadly, I didn't receve any red envelope this year. I am an adult. No one gave me money but I gave money to my parents.
Feb 22, 2013 00:15
  • WANHU
A child is a child. Most of the children would like to show off, how much they got. They feel proud and would show to their friends. Those not getting much would be angry.

Some children are bolder, would go around the neighbourhood, knocking the doors hoping to get more red envelops. That's what happened in my hometown now.

Wan
Feb 26, 2013 01:22
  • RAINDROP
Some children are bolder, would go around the neighbourhood, knocking the doors hoping to get more red envelops. That's what happened in my hometown now.

I thought it just happened on the Halloween Day. They should just ask for some candies not red envelopes.
Mar 1, 2013 02:33
  • WANHU
Usually Halloween is celebrated in the West, and seldom in Malaysia. I'm not sure about China. Now, these children don't care about the red envelopes, as long as they get money. Sometimes I wonder if their parents realise that they are being taught howmto be beggars.
Wan
Mar 5, 2013 02:15
  • RAINDROP
Haha, you are right. Some Chinese parents do teach their children how to beg for lucky money. You know Chairman Mao's image is printed on the Chinese 100 note. Some parents teach their children to beg for red note with Chairman Mao's images. If you give a green CNY 50, the kid won't accept it.
Post a Reply to: A kid gets beaten for showing off his lucky money
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code