Menu
Post-Holiday Syndrome
Feb 20, 2013 00:26
  • RAINDROP
The Spring Festival Holidays ended on Feb. 15. I should have began to work since Feb. 16. Unfortunately, I was ill. My neck ached and I had a fever. So I was given IV fluids at the clinic. Then I went back to work next day.

When I walked back to my apartment after work, I felt lonely. No one talked to me. At that moment, I missed my parents very much. I called them but they said that I might suffer from the 'Post-Holiday Syndrome'.

When a person is ill, he is fragile. I told me my parents that I missed them and wanted to go back. They encouraged me to be strong.

Do you know 'Post-Holiday Syndrome'?
Feb 20, 2013 10:23
  • WANHU
Raindrop, your illness maybe due to viral infections. PHS it is also known as Post-Holiday Depression or Post-Holiday Blues. It is normal, only slight mental depression. Talk to your parents and close friends, and find ways to make you occupied, perhaps you may chat with friends too.

I hope you have already recovered from your fever.

The Fujian descendants in my hometown celebrated the 15th night that symbolises the end of the Chinese New Year celebration. Perhaps you may find this celebration in Malaysia, Singapore and Indonesia.

Wan
Feb 20, 2013 21:44
  • RAINDROP
Thank your for your concern, Wan. I am recovered. I guess that I couldn't be used to the weather in my hometown. I didn't wear thick clothes. It's wind cold.

People are weak when they are ill. I feel better now.
Feb 21, 2013 23:16
  • WANHU
When I came back from China last January, I also had cold (running nose) and coughs. It's due to changing of weather, from cold and snowing China to a hot and wet Malaysian climate.
Wan
Feb 26, 2013 01:36
  • RAINDROP
My neck just aches time to time. I think I have to do some sports training.
Post a Reply to: Post-Holiday Syndrome
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code