Metal chopsticks or wood chopsticks?
Apr 6, 2013 08:03
guest09216 Which one is better?
Apr 9, 2013 01:50
  • CHERRY07
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST09216

Which one is better?

I used both. But I prefer wood chopsticks to metal chopsticks. The metal one is heavier. At the same time, it is difficult to use for those beginners. The two sticks are too slippy.

It is much more convenient to use the wood chopsticks. But it might bend if you use them too long.

PS: We also have plastic chopsticks too. They are slippy but lighter than metal ones.
Apr 17, 2013 19:17
  • WANHU
I'd prefer disposable bamboo chopsticks, easy to grip food.
Wan
Apr 18, 2013 03:14
  • RAINDROP
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

I'd prefer disposable bamboo chopsticks, easy to grip food.
Wan

Wan,

I suggest you should never use disposable chopsticks any more. They should be thrown away immediately after being used. However, some people collect used disposable chopsticks and sell them again. And you need to pay more attention if they look very white. Some might be steamed with sulphur.
Apr 22, 2013 14:12
  • WANHU
As disposable chopsticks are very cheap and to recycle them I think will cost more. As long as they are sealed in the plastic, I hope they are new and clean. If they don't provide chopsticks sealed in the plastic, I would use my personal chopsticks, haha. I always carry some in my backpack.
Wan
Apr 23, 2013 02:18
  • RAINDROP
Wan,

It's good to carry the chopsticks on your own. It's better if you carry your lunch box too. When I dine outside, I don't use disposable chopsticks. It's unsanitary. I don't know how many trees are cut every year to make disposable chopsticks.
May 1, 2013 05:53
  • WANHU
Even if they don't make chopsticks, trees are still be felled, to make doors, floors, etc. In Thailand they grow bamboo to make chopsticks.
Wan
May 4, 2013 02:31
  • RAINDROP
Quote:

Even if they don't make chopsticks, trees are still be felled, to make doors, floors, etc. In Thailand they grow bamboo to make chopsticks.
Wan

It's true. But I still refuse to use it after I learnt how it was made. Now many restaurants sterilize the chopsticks in the disinfector. I prefer to use the disinfected chopsticks.
May 20, 2013 16:48
  • WANHU
You need to be careful also because we don't know what kind of disinfectant they use. The best way is bring your own chopsticks.
Wan
May 21, 2013 01:41
  • RAINDROP
Quote:

You need to be careful also because we don't know what kind of disinfectant they use. The best way is bring your own chopsticks.
Wan

Exactly, most restaurants have Ultra-violet disinfection machines. But not all of them work. I usually choose to dine at the restaurants that turn on their ultra-violet disinfection machines.
Jun 15, 2013 19:32
  • WANHU
I bought one sterilisation machine in Guangzhou.
Wan
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Metal chopsticks or wood chopsticks?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code