Menu
Anti-Japanese TV serials in China
Apr 10, 2013 02:09
  • JIMMYB
What TV serials are popular in China? Anti-Japanese TV serials. It is said that around 150 Anti-Japanese TV serials have been made from 1949 to 2004. In order to celebrate the 60th anniversary of the victory of Anti-Japanese War, more than 20 TV serials were filmed and shown on TV just in 2005. Not enough! At least 70 same themed TV serials were produced in 2012.

I am tired of watching these TV serials on TV. When I turn on my TV set, these TV serials are shown in many channels. I have to say that I am shocked when I see some unbelievable plots. A Chinese man can beat a group of Japanese soldiers who hold guns in their hands quickly. Of course he wasn't killed. The most impressed is someone tore a Japanese soldier into two parts with his hands. Is that possible?

Apr 10, 2013 03:37
  • WANHU
What can we achieve by sowing hatred and enmity?
Wan
Apr 12, 2013 02:39
  • JIMMYB
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

What can we achieve by sowing hatred and enmity?
Wan

Hatred? Chinese people will never forget the trauma they brought to us. A nation that can't face its past objectively is really a coward. Today, I heard from the news report that Japan is going to delete some contents in their teaching books. Do you know what they will delete? During the war, Japanese forced many women to offer sex to their soldiers. These women are called "comfort women". Today, they deny that there is no evidence that shows these women were forced and then decide to remove the related content from their teaching books. What a shame!

Back to the topic! Personally, I think that the anti-Japanese TV serials should objectively reflect what happened in history. I don’t know if you ever heard about “五马分尸”. It’s a cruel penalty. The criminal will be torn into pieces by five horses. I can’t believe that a man can tear a man into two pieces. The director must think that the audience are idiots.
Apr 16, 2013 14:20
  • WANHU
During the WW2, many of Malaysians were sent to build the death rails in Burma (now Myanmar), and thousands of others either tortured and got killed. During the communist insurgence from 1948-1960 where the latter part of the struggle the Chinese terrorists supported by the late Mao's regime in China that killed many Malaysian soldiers, they ransacked, killed innocent villagers, burnt houses. To stop the direct support from China, Malaysia's second Premier, the late Tun Abdul Razak had to visit China in 1974 to sign a treaty to normalise relations (both of them died in 1976). Those were things of the past, although we can't change history but we understand those are from the "old" generation and we can't punish the new generation for the sin(s) of their forefathers.

My father was one of the soldiers that fought the Japanese during the WW2.

Wan
Apr 16, 2013 21:35
  • JIMMYB
Those were things of the past, although we can't change history but we understand those are from the "old" generation and we can't punish the new generation for the sin(s) of their forefathers.

OK, so what do you think of the teaching books being revised? Some people just want to erase their shameful past from the history.
Apr 17, 2013 20:49
  • WANHU
History is still history, dear Jimmy. We can't erase and in fact it should be told to our generation so that they may understand. For me only do not sow discord, hatred, enmity, although we may hate those atrocities being inflicted upon our forefathers.
Wan
Apr 25, 2013 22:18
  • JIMMYB
Yes, we can't erase what happened in history. But some nation just do their best to erase their past. In the future, their generations know nothing about their past. Is it like brainwash?
Apr 26, 2013 17:05
  • NOBODY
I have to agree with WANHU, i was shocked when i arrived in China and saw all these anti Japanese movies. I mean, in Germany we can see movies of WW II, (Nazi Germany get their asses kicked) but never so violent or unrealistic. (Well, except those Rambo style movies) I don't say that what the Japanese do is good, but the Chinese are not much better.
Loudly complaining about Japanese, but buying their products, or watching their movies, or playing with their toys, etc.
Chinese have a deep rooted hatred towards Japanese, but not necessary from experience, but from movies and propaganda.
Apr 26, 2013 17:06
  • NOBODY
I met only a hand full of people who actually been in Japan or talked to Japanese. And most of the time they said how polite and clean they are, industrious and organized. As a German i know how important it is to remember the history, but you shouldn't live in it.
Post a Reply to: Anti-Japanese TV serials in China
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code