Menu
Zhengzhou
Apr 13, 2013 03:38
guest10968 Hi,

I am a kiwi, moving to Zhengzhou soon with my partner. I am nervous as I have read a lot about violence towards foreigners, is this true? Also can someone please tell me what living in the city is like? There is a lot about it being dirty and hard to breathe? Please someone tell me about the good thing??

Thanks.
Apr 17, 2013 02:40
  • LAWRENCE_CAI
Yes, It is a little pollution there because of industry city.
Most of people are quite goodfriend to foreigners. To avoid the risk, I suggest you don't go to remote place. It is good idea to hair good guide here.
Good luck
Apr 21, 2013 11:40
  • JABAROOTOO
Hello Kiwi,
Can"t imagine where you heard that about Zhenzhou. Yes it's a big dirty city but just one of many in China. Most Chinese people are very friendly and helpful towards foreigners unless of course you go around looking for trouble.

Keep you nose clean, avoid the rougher parts of town and stay out of things that don't concern you. If you are working for school they should be able to help you get acquainted with what you will need to enjoy living in the city and the rest is up to you.

Be prepared for culture shock, take a few home comforts to keep you happy for the first few weeks then get exploring, learn some language and enjoy the experience.

All the best
Ozinchina
Apr 23, 2013 00:31
GUESTKIWI Hi, thanks for the responses! Puts me a little at ease. Just from the research I have done looking into the city. Keeping my nose clean and staying out of trouble will be easy, I am definutely not that way inclined. I am hoping to find a english teaching or tutoring job so I will hopefully meet people willing to show me round and even some that understand a bit of English already
Apr 23, 2013 23:27
  • GHOST
Zhengzhou is certainly one of the less westernised cities so don't be expecting too many western restaurants and comforts. As others have said, you'll be fine as long as you don't venture out into the suburbs late at night.
Oct 30, 2015 08:00
GUEST30234 any good club in zhengzhou to having fun? good atmosphere, good music (European or american) and free entrance?
Thanks!
Nov 2, 2015 02:09
  • SASIKUMAR311
Dear Guest

zhengzhou have many clubs , But i dont think so about foreigners club there availablity
Post a Reply to: Zhengzhou
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code