Menu
Which social media tool(s) do you use when traveling?
May 9, 2013 03:10
Voting without time limit
Multiple Vote
  1. 186 vote(s)
  2. 48 vote(s)
  3. 35 vote(s)
  4. 15 vote(s)
  5. 14 vote(s)
  6. 51 vote(s)
  7. 72 vote(s)
  8. 75 vote(s)
Note: Guest voter(s) are not displayed here.
I am not sure if you guys ever heard about Weibo. You can just imagine it as a Chinese version of Twiitter. Many young Chinese people prefer to use it as a platform to air their opinions, share their lives and so on. Also, many of them broadcast their travel trip on their Weibo. Except for Weibo, Weixin is another social media tool used widely in China.

I am really curious to know whether foreigner travelers use social media tools when traveling.
May 9, 2013 14:02
GUEST20733 As far as I know, Facebook is blocked in China. Don't know about Twitter and Instagram.
May 10, 2013 01:34
  • KIKAG
I dont use any of the above but i do use whatsapp - the pin my location function is a MUST have for travelers.
May 15, 2013 01:47
GUEST14831 Facebook definitely and is favorite to majority of people always.
May 21, 2013 21:01
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST14831

Facebook definitely and is favorite to majority of people always.

Yes, you are right. But facebook, twitter and some other world famous social medium have been blocked in China.
May 21, 2013 21:47
  • WOMBATX
That's right, fb is blocked in China; but a handy "go-over-the-wall" software can get you over the great firewall :D
May 25, 2013 08:21
GUEST30188 For China, Weixin (Wechat) is a must. Facebook and Twitter are no use, nobody there uses them.
May 25, 2013 20:18
  • WANHU
Some people may say it's unfortunate not to having fb facility, while others use proxy software to override the block. I am sure the Chinese authority has its own reasons why it blocks youtube and fb.
Wan
May 28, 2013 01:58
Quote:

Originally Posted by WOMBATX

That's right, fb is blocked in China; but a handy "go-over-the-wall" software can get you over the great firewall :D

Unfortunately, those free versions don't work perfectly. So I tried a paid software. It works very well.
May 28, 2013 02:00
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST30188

For China, Weixin (Wechat) is a must. Facebook and Twitter are no use, nobody there uses them.

Haha, Wechat is good. It works like an interphone.
May 28, 2013 02:02
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

Some people may say it's unfortunate not to having fb facility, while others use proxy software to override the block. I am sure the Chinese authority has its own reasons why it blocks youtube and fb.
Wan

Wan,

I am pretty sure that those who use proxy software to use FB, Youtube and Twitter know clearly why those websites are blocked. It's an open secret.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Which social media tool(s) do you use when traveling?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code