Menu
A Chinese tourist left his precious autograph in Egypt
May 27, 2013 21:19
  • JIMMYB
A Chinese student left his autograph on the bas-relief at the Temple of Luxor when he had a tour in Egypt. Another Chinese tourist found the autograph, took a picture of it and then posted on the internet. He felt ashamed for what the student had done. The picture triggered uproar on the internet. Many netizens condemned the student’s behavior regarded it as a disgrace to all Chinese people.

Eventually, the netizens found out who the student is and posted all the information of him and his parents on the internet. The student felt scared when learning about the criticism from the public. His parents made a public apology on a newspaper, asking forgiveness for their son.

According to the Xinhua News Agency, the student’s autograph has been removed and the bas-relief hasn’t been damaged.

You know what the student wrote? “XXX was here”. Many Chinese people seem to love leave their autographs at the tourist attractions. If you search carefully at Badaling Great Wall, you can find many autographs.

Why do they write autographs at the tourist sites? To prove they have come here? If yes, why not take a picture instead?

Jun 2, 2013 23:18
GUEST92204 Leaving "xxx was here" is not only disrespectful, it also reflects the vandals' attitude of "I don't give a damn".

Too bad that Chinese young tourists are giving Chinese society a bad name.
Jun 3, 2013 22:38
  • BBQQ
I feel ashamed for what they do as I am a Chinese. I suggest that all tourist attractions should have a blacklist. Such tourists should be included in the blacklist and won't be allowed to visit any other tourist attractions for their bad behaviors.
Sep 14, 2013 18:31
  • NOBODY
BBQQ: I agree a blacklist would be nice, where for 5-10 years it is forbidden for this person to see any tourist attraction.
I think less than 5 years would not be enough.
Sep 15, 2013 01:13
  • RAINDROP
Chinese become notorious in the foreigners' eyes thanks to these people. A few days ago, I read that some Chinese people even shit inside the Colosseum in Rome. How could they do that?
Post a Reply to: A Chinese tourist left his precious autograph in Egypt
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code