Jun 5, 2013 01:53
  • CHERRY07
Voting without time limit
Exclusive Vote
  1. 3 vote(s)
  2. 4 vote(s)
  3. 2 vote(s)
  4. 2 vote(s)
Note: Guest voter(s) are not displayed here.
In a traditional Chinese family, the husband is responsible for making money and supporting his families. The wife is responsible for doing house chores, taking care of her husband and kid and cooking meals. However, the situation has changed today. In a modern family, both the husband and the wife have to work to support their family. The husband and the wife know clearly what they do. If the wife cooks meals, the husband usually washes dishes. In some families, the husband not only cooks meals but also washes dishes.

I’d like to ask all husbands a question “What do you do in your family, cooking meals, washing dishes or doing nothing?”

Jun 17, 2013 12:36
  • WANHU
I like to cook and never wash clothes or dishes as for the latter, the machines did for me.
Wan
Jun 18, 2013 01:43
  • CHERRY07
A couple who are friends of mine is going to decorate their new apartment soon. The husband suggests buying a dish washer. His wife refuses. He is a bit upset. You know why? They each have their own jobs. The wife cooks and the husband washes dishes.

Wan, what are you going to do if you were the man?
Jun 19, 2013 04:37
  • JIMMYB
I do both because I live alone.
Jun 24, 2013 03:03
  • WANHU
I used to cook, so I don't mind cooking and let the machine does its job. Family life is not like work in the office with stipulated rules, it's more give and take.
Wan
Jun 25, 2013 01:30
  • JIMMYB
yes, if your wife doesn't want to cook, let her rest a day and make food on your own. When you are tired, she might do it for you.
Jun 25, 2013 12:16
  • WANHU
To me it doesn't matter who cooks, dear Jimmy. If I can't cook there are many restaurants and food stalls nearby. Usually when I ordered food from those stalls, I'd make sure no MSG and of course less salt (or even no salt at all). My wife would add natural rock salt to her taste.
Wan
Jun 26, 2013 02:09
  • JIMMYB
Wan,

We can dine out occassionally but we can't do it everyday. As I said, I live alone. I have noticed that it's cheaper to cook by myself. A bowl of noodles costs around 10 Yuan. But 10 Yuan is enough for me to buy vegetables for two meals.
Jun 30, 2013 19:41
  • WANHU
For me, is different scenario, dear Jimmy as cooking on my own costs more, including man hour. Vegetables may be cheap but I need electricity (or gas) to cook, and buy other ingredients such as garlic and other condiments. If I buy from the food stall next door (less than 20 metres) rice with vegetable, soup and fish will be 4.50 and warm water of any amount is free. No need to wash dishes too.
Wan
Jun 30, 2013 22:45
  • CHERRY07
Haha, you are kinda lazy. Don't you worry about the sanitary conditions? I am afraid of swill-cooked dirty oil refined from kitchen waste. By the way, you have dish washer too. Why not cook dinner on your own?
Jul 7, 2013 01:36
  • WANHU
If the eatery is dirty no one will come, dear Cherry. Further the City Council will close down any dirty stall.
Wan
Page 1 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Cook meals or wash dishes?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code