Menu
Wheat flour made figures in Heyang
Jun 15, 2013 01:28
GUEST55313 Very beautiful figurines.
But since they are made by hands, is there a hygiene concern if they are eaten ?
Jun 23, 2013 00:07
  • WANHU
Very beautiful figurines.
But since they are made by hands, is there a hygiene concern if they are eaten ?

I think there are things for display and things to be eaten. I have seen discussions and arguments even about eating with (ou own) hands. Well I often use my hand for eating because I believe in my own hand.
Wan
Jun 23, 2013 03:58
  • CHERRY07
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST55313

Very beautiful figurines.

My grandma made these figurines when she was alive. Although she couldn't make them as delicate as those in pictures, I still remembered how she made it.

The colors on the figurines are not edible. I didn't know this when I was young. It tasted bitter. My grandma mixed the colors on her own.
Jul 7, 2013 02:31
  • WANHU
a product of fine arts.
Wan
Jul 7, 2013 20:57
  • LAUGH
I hope that this craft won't disappear some day. These figurines are amazing.
Jul 11, 2013 19:21
  • WANHU
We can only hope, dear Laugh. A lot of our ancestral traditions are diminishing and withering away, including our national heritage. The younger generation should conserve their national heritage in order to understand the sacrifice of their forefathers, including arts, crafts and other national culture. China has diversified culture from the various ethnics.
Wan
Jul 15, 2013 21:17
  • CHERRY07
Some traditions are valuable so that they are worth protection. However, we should see that many new tradtions or things have been invented. Take bride price for example. It's an old tradition. Some parents might ask for more money because it is their tradition. But some parents don't choose to observe it. They know that it is difficult for a young couple to buy an apartment. So they don't ask for the bride price. Or they give back the money to the couple after wedding ceremony.

We should pass on our good old traditions and drop those traditions that might have adverse effects on our lives.
Jul 16, 2013 09:16
  • WANHU
Correct.
For bride price, it escalates according to their whims and fancies, not as imposed by the tradition. Almost in every Asian marriage, we have bride price, in some quaters it is called dowry, etc. but then rich ones tend to put as high as possible according to their social status later like buying a bride rather than marrying one.
Wan
Jul 17, 2013 02:14
  • CHERRY07
Then I need to talk to my parents. I should remind them that they don't ask too much money as bride price from my future husband. Otherwise, he might not marry me.
Jul 17, 2013 07:25
  • WANHU
May you have a better future and find a good and wise husband.
Wan
Page 3 of 4    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Wheat flour made figures in Heyang
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code