Menu
Options for basing myself in China?
Jun 22, 2013 22:58
  • INWESTEND
What are my visa options for basing myself in China more permanently? (I'm from the UK). I want to tap into the visa experience and advice of other expats living in China.

Staying with tourist visas and extensions is obviously not ideal, as every 30days it will eat up another page of the passport.

So what are my options?

Residence Visa D: Is this simple? Can I just get this visa, rent an apartment, and base myself here? What are the requirements of this visa? (Early retirement could be an option - if it helps my application).

Business Visa F: Can this be self-sponsored? Some countries have a visa for the "intention" to start a business. Does China have this? (I don't NEED to start a business or work to support myself - but I'm looking for a loophole). Actually, I lived in Australia previously for 5 years on a self-sponsored "Independent Executive" visa - does China have this?

Student Visa X: What is the minimum number of hours that I'd need to attend "school"? Do I have to pass my course - or could I just flunk? Or do I need to supply evidence that I'm attending and studying/passing? (Again, I'm thinking about a loophole).

Jul 1, 2013 05:08
  • GRACEEMMA24
Same questions from my side.. any help?
Jul 14, 2013 15:02
  • GHOST
Some universities will happily take your money and provide you with a student visa - but they do seem to be checking up to see if you are attending classes. You may be able to get away with going along to a class a day but some recent posts by others seem to indicate that you may need to attend at least half to two thirds of your classes.

There are some small schools that can provide student visas too - they may be an alternative, but more expensive, option.
Last edited by GHOST: Jul 14, 2013 15:07
Post a Reply to: Options for basing myself in China?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code