Menu
What made him suicide? Bride price
Jun 24, 2013 22:13
I didn’t know what to say when reading this piece of news. An old man jumped into a river to end his life because he couldn’t pay the bride price for his son.

According to his son, he has to give hundreds of thousands of money to the bride as bride price. His family couldn’t bring out so much money. In his home town, some families even pay more than a million yuan as bride price. As a father, he couldn’t find a wife for his son. His dad reproached himself bitterly for his incapability. At last, he chose to end his life.

If you have a daughter, you needn’t worry about her marriage. If she gets married, you can earn a huge amount of money as bride price. No wonder more and more Chinese parents prefer to have baby girls.
Jul 1, 2013 05:23
  • WANHU
Having baby girls is one, how to get them married is another. Would you pay 500k for a bride price?
Wan
Jul 1, 2013 22:15
If my parents and I can afford, I will, Wan. But I won't put my parents in dilemma. If the bride price her parents asked was beyond my capacity, I would break up with her. Her parents can find a man who can afford the bride price. So do I. I can find a girl whose parents ask for proper amount of money as bride price.

Post a Reply to: What made him suicide? Bride price
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code