Menu
Little Favor about hotels
Jul 7, 2013 22:44
  • ISAVB
Hi!!

Im a little worried about choosing hotels

I dont know how to be sure about the hotels, I check the reviews at tripadvisor and booking but in some cases its like half positive half negative. And, in the case of location, since I dont really know China, I dont know how close or far are the hotels form the touristic places.

Here are some that I have in my posible-hotel list. Could you give me some advise?? It would be really appreciate.

Beijing
-Inner Mongolian Hotel

Xian
-Grand Mercure
-Grand Park
-Sofitel
-Tang dinasty

Chengdu
-Mingyoun Central
-Holiday Inn Espress Wuhou
-Jaho Yuetma
-Xinhua Hotel
-Greenland

Shanghai
-Sport Park
-Marvel Hotel
-Grand Mercure Zhongya
-Golden Tulip
-Salvo Hotel
-Pacific Hotel

Guangzhou
-DongFang Hotel
-President Hotel

I havent check more in Guangzhou and Still need to check Hong Kong.

But if you could tell me which areas to look or some tip to would be more than great!

Thank you and so sorry for the bothering
Jul 8, 2013 10:52
  • SASHA
I can tell you about Guangzhou: definitely choose Dongfang hotel.

It's 5* hotel with best swimming pool in city (tropical garden style).
Location is good, metro station, airport bus, nice park & lake nearby.

President 3-4* hotel is in the middle of PC-market, river of workers outside, literally cannot walk it's too crowded... (unless you like it)
Jul 8, 2013 12:42
  • ISAVB
Quote:

Originally Posted by SASHA View Post

I can tell you about Guangzhou: definitely choose Dongfang hotel.

It's 5* hotel with best swimming pool in city (tropical garden style).
Location is good, metro station, airport bus, nice park & lake nearby.

President 3-4* hotel is in the middle of PC-market, river of workers outside, litera...

Thank you again!! It seems like there's no much people alive in this forums, so sad.

Well, definitely dont like too crowded places... so Dongfang i think hahaha
Jul 8, 2013 21:20
  • SASHA
Yea not many people here, I also don't visit often...
(most topics and discussions are nonsense)

If you book Dongfang, make sure to book on Ctrip in advance, they have promotion 450+tax, and if you stay more than 1 night, you can get more -100 discount if pay with Paypal...

Not bad for one of the biggest 5* hotels in central city ;-)
Jul 9, 2013 12:52
  • ISAVB
Quote:

Yea not many people here, I also don't visit often...
(most topics and discussions are nonsense)

If you book Dongfang, make sure to book on Ctrip in advance, they have promotion 450+tax, and if you stay more than 1 night, you can get more -100 discount if pay with Paypal...

Not bad for one of the...

Hi Sasha!

Im afraid of Guangzhou, I will be alone some days and I read ugly things like fake taxis and a women drugged!! So I dont know if it safe to me to go, and wich are should I stay.

could you help me? I havent book the hotel so Im free to change it
Jul 11, 2013 16:31
  • GHOST
If you book any of the big international brands you'll be fine. I use Holiday Inn Express as a good, comfortable foreign budget hotel (most of the cities you've mentioned will have one). Cheaper more Chinese-style options are Ibis (although foreign-owned), Home Inn, Jinjiang Inns, etc.

A cheaper and more friendlier option are the many IHA hostels that are appearing in many of the big cities. It all depends on what your budget is.
Jul 13, 2013 09:27
  • SASHA
Hi ISAVB, if you are alone & female traveler, then it's better to stay more days in Hong Kong and less in Guangzhou (anyway it's not very famous for tourism, more for business/trade)...

I'm not saying that Guangzhou is unsafe, but for 1st timer could be a bit tricky to avoid all the scams & tourist traps... beware of pickpocketing in crowded places too...

All areas around 5-star hotels are safe... Dongfang hotel is great, but area around it is a bit empty in the nights... It all depends what is your plan and what you like to enjoy more, day or night time... Garden Hotel area is more lively at night and full of foreign restaurants and bars, many foreigners hanging around there... Taxis are OK.
Jul 16, 2013 10:19
  • ISAVB
Quote:

Originally Posted by GHOST View Post

If you book any of the big international brands you'll be fine. I use Holiday Inn Express as a good, comfortable foreign budget hotel (most of the cities you've mentioned will have one). Cheaper more Chinese-style options are Ibis (although foreign-owned), Home Inn, Jinjiang Inns, etc.

A cheaper and more friendlier option a...

Thank you ghost! Im between DongFang and Baiyun

Quote:

Hi ISAVB, if you are alone & female traveler, then it's better to stay more days in Hong Kong and less in Guangzhou (anyway it's not very famous for tourism, more for business/trade)...

I'm not saying that Guangzhou is unsafe, but for 1st timer could be a bit tricky to avoid all the scams & tourist traps... beware of...

I would love to have more days in Hong Kong or other city, but, Guangzhou is where I need to go. Most of those days I will be with locals, Im going for a business. I have like one or two days off.

Im not saying I want to go to bars and discos all nights, but restaurant or a coffee would be nice, thats why im thinking changing DongFang for Baiyun (Garden is higher than the budget)

I really appreciate all the help and recommendations you give me!! thank you both!
Jul 16, 2013 14:46
  • SASHA
In that case, Baiyun Hotel seems better...
Many coffee shops and restaurants around.

(check my reply in your other thread)
Post a Reply to: Little Favor about hotels
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code