Menu
Banking in China help
Jul 22, 2013 08:02
guestSony
Hi forum users,

I recently opened a Chinese bank account with a lot of struggle with my limited Chinese and the bank advisers limited English who was super nice despite the hassle. I wanted to ask a million questions but language barriers just made me rush the process and get a bank card then run out the bank.

So I am hoping I can get some advice from expats in China or anyone who can offer some insight.

Can anyone tell me what is the maximum you can take out a ATM machine in one day?

I want to do international transfers, but have no idea how to set this up because ideally I just want to send money from my Chinese account to another account abroad but I heard I need Paypal to do this, can anyone confirm this?
One more thing I was trying to register on the banks' e-banking system but it keeps blocking me because I need something like a USB, where do I get this?

I would be so grateful to get some info and advice thank you.
Jul 23, 2013 02:55
  • CHERRY07
GUESTSONY,

Usually, you can not withdraw more than 20000 RMB per day. Some banks have different limits on how much money you can withdraw per time, for example, 2000 RMB (ABC) and 3000 RMB (ICBC).

As for the e-banking system, you should go to the bank and ask them to enable this function. Then they will give you a USB device for you to use e-banking system. Some banks charges for the USB device and some other banks give it to their customers for free.

If you want to transfer money to your abroad account, I suggest you go to the banks and ask them to do this for you. Some banks' e-banking system just allows its users to transfer small amount of money to abroad accounts.
Jul 23, 2013 21:10
  • WANHU
And please bring along a person that can understand and speak Chinese in order not to undergo another banking hassle.
Wan
Aug 1, 2013 14:15
GUEST92131
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

And please bring along a person that can understand and speak Chinese in order not to undergo another banking hassle.
Wan

Non Chinese speaking folks need a translator to go along with them to a place like a bank.

Heck, I need a translator with me to take a cab.
Post a Reply to: Banking in China help
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code