Menu
How can the lunatic be dealt with?
Aug 21, 2013 01:58
  • RAINDROP
A man named Ou Binyue went to Beijing for “looking for food” last year. On September 5, 2012, he went to pick up trash at Beijing Railway Station. Suddenly, he heard a man and a women talking about his mom’s name. He was afraid that they might harm his mom. Thus, he went to the supermarket nearby and bought a scissor and a knife. He came back to the railway station with the scissor and the knife at 03:47 am. A few minutes later, he found the man and the woman. Suddenly, he stabbed at the woman’s neck with his knife. The woman just turned over and didn’t move. Then he walked to the man lying on the floor and stabbed at his stomach. The man stood up to chase him but fell down immediately. Ou Binyue ran out of the railway station, and threw his knife and scissor into the flower bush. After walking for a while, he found a police station. He didn’t hesitate but walked into the police station.

After thorough investigation, the prosecutor confirms that Ou Binyue has suffering mental disease for around 20 years. According to the prosecutor, Ou Binyue did commit the crime of intentional homicide. However, he turned himself in immediately and confessed his crime. Considering of these two factors, the prosecutor suggests that Ou should be given mitigated punishments.

What about two victims? They were killed but the killer might still live. Should Ou Binyue be sentenced to death for killing two people?
Aug 29, 2013 01:07
  • WANHU
This is the unfair life and treatment we always hear where the the killer goes unpunished due to technicality such as insanity. To whom shall we address to redress the case?
Wan
Sep 2, 2013 22:47
  • CHERRY07
I don't know how to judge lunatic. But I think that the judge won't sentence him to death.
Sep 14, 2013 18:15
  • NOBODY
Well, here is the problem that nobody takes care of those who need this kind of help. They know that he has an mental illness and they let him go? Even if they treated him and declared him "healthy" he should have a place to go where people can still look after him. I don't know if he lives with his relatives, but many (if not most) average people can't take care of a person with a mental illness. Normally there should be a trained nurse or someone who can do it.
Sep 15, 2013 01:37
  • CHERRY07
I am not sure if his families have money to invite a trained nurse to take care of him or send him to the hospital.
Sep 15, 2013 09:23
  • NOBODY
So society or the government need to take care of these kind of people.
Sep 20, 2013 01:49
  • WANHU
Dear Nobody, theoretically the government or society should take care this kind of problem. You see, individuals make a society, and each individual cares less but for himself, what can we expect? Many a time, we see words and phrases: something has to be done rather than I have to do something.
Wan
Sep 28, 2013 00:51
  • RAINDROP
Many a time, we see words and phrases: something has to be done rather than I have to do something.

Wan, I like your words. His family doesn't take care of him. But we don't why they don't send him to the hospital for treatment. Perhaps, they can't afford the expenses.
Oct 2, 2013 01:38
  • WANHU
When looking at all those past postings I feel I am blessed to be as I am now, in a place with free medical, free wards and free food in the wards. In other words, even those without money still can have good and proper health treatment, although they may be places in the third class wards.

It is also good to visit wards in the hospital, once in a while so that we can understand life better that there are healthy and sickness and how to help these people. If we can't help them to recover at least we can read to them some stories especially to children in the oncology wards.

Wan
Oct 8, 2013 03:32
  • RAINDROP
Wan,

I think I am not brave enough to visit the children in the oncology wards. I am afraid that I can't help crying if I go there.
Post a Reply to: How can the lunatic be dealt with?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code