Menu
To those who are married: Do you put on weight after marriage?
Aug 26, 2013 22:01
  • RAINDROP
Voting without time limit
Exclusive Vote
  1. 5 vote(s)
  2. 2 vote(s)
Note: Guest voter(s) are not displayed here.
I have noticed an interesting phenomenon: almost all men and women put on weight after marriage. Men get potbellies while women get pear-shape hips. My best female friend complain to me that her husband is not as handsome as before. According to her, her husband gets a potbelly just after getting married for one year. He doesn't go to the gym frequently. He just watches TV or newspaper, waiting for dinner after getting home. After dinner, he washes the plates and bowls. Then he watches TV togehter with her, plays e-games or read books in his study room.

I think many Chinese men lead the same life like her husband. There are some men who don't wash plates or bowls and do other family chores. There is no reason that men don't gain weight after marriage if they spends their days in this way.

As for women, they don’t cut their foods like before. Before marriage, they do their best to keep fit. After marriage, they are busy taking care of her family so that they don’t have time to take care of themselves. The busier they are, the slimmer they should be. However, they still gain weight.

Do you put on weight after marriage?
Sep 14, 2013 18:40
  • NOBODY
Ha so true (of course not for everyone) My wife and I both gained weight (but my wife because of our daughter) but we are now losing weight together. Helping each other and laughing about each other. (I gained ~12kg, now I lost 10kg again)
Sep 15, 2013 01:09
  • RAINDROP
Nobody,

women gain weight after giving birth to babies. They absorb a lot of nutritions when they are pregnant. After their babies come to the world, they have to feed their babies. When their babies stop eating their milk, they then have time to lose weight.

How could you lost ten kgs? Did you take some weight loss drugs.
Sep 15, 2013 09:09
  • NOBODY
Nope, I ate less, started to walk more and more vegetables. Just living healthy.
Sep 16, 2013 01:41
  • RAINDROP
Quote:

Originally Posted by NOBODY

Nope, I ate less, started to walk more and more vegetables. Just living healthy.

Do you feel hungry if you eat less? I tried to control my diet but failed because I felt very hungry if I ate less. When I was hungry, I would eat more. So my weight didn't reduce but increase.
Sep 16, 2013 10:58
  • NOBODY
Well, I started slowly and in small steps. Before I could eat a bowl of rise, 2-3 chicken wings and maybe half a plate of potato with different vegetable. (broccoli or cabbage, etc.)
So I started to eat only 2 chicken wings and less potato, but more vegetable. Which is not only healthier, but also cheaper. Then sometimes I ate only 1 chicken wing, though I only did it twice a week, then I sometimes didn't eat any meat at all. Now we have a "meat free" day, sometimes two, every week and I honestly say that even though I still love meat, I don't miss it if I can't eat it for a day.
Also eating slower helped me a lot. Since my daughter eats with us, (for over eight months now) I feed her and eat at the same time. So having a baby can help you to lose weight too
Sep 20, 2013 08:05
  • WANHU
Starchy food makes a person may gain weight. Try to minimise eating rice, if possible eat basmathi rice which has less starch which is also good for those having diabetes. Go for greens and eat more vegetable. Usually I eat fish and no more meat or seldom eat meat.
Wan
Sep 21, 2013 20:51
  • RAINDROP
Nobody,

Sometimes vegetables are sold more expensively than meat (pork), for example, during Spring Festival. I think I should learn from you, eating more vegetables and fish instead of pork. Another lesson shared by my friend is "Don't drink sweet drinks or eat too much sweet food". Sugar makes a man gain weight too.
Sep 23, 2013 07:03
  • NOBODY
Oh yes! I stopped drinking coke and stuff like this, now I drink it maybe once every two weeks (small bottle) and actually don't miss it. I think that it is an illusion that everything we have is what we need. Sometimes it's not a bad idea to step back and ask yourself "Do I really need this?" You can lose weight, save money and maybe get a clearer picture of the things that are important.
Sep 23, 2013 21:57
  • RAINDROP
I really have to lose weight. Last weekend, I went to the shopping mall to buy a leisure shirt for me. I can't wear slim ones. The fatter ones don't look good on me.
Post a Reply to: To those who are married: Do you put on weight after marriage?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code