Menu
Z visa from Hong KOng
Aug 28, 2013 19:28
  • CONSTANTIN
Hello,

I am romanian citizen currently in Beijing. My current F visa expires so i will go to Hong Kong. I want to work in Shanghai.
Is it true that if i go to HK to apply for a Z visa to work in Shanghai, they could send me back to Romania to apply from my home country?
I have read this somewhere as a possibility. and i heard it happend to some people. It is depending on the region you want to work in? It is very important because going home and then back would be too expensive and nonsese.

Thanks!
Aug 28, 2013 21:50
GUEST559078 CONSTANTIN,

In the past, people could apply for Z in HK. However, new regulations have been implemented recently. Due to its effect, it has become difficult to apply Z in HK. If you can't apply in HK, you have no choice but go back to apply in your country.
Sep 7, 2013 10:18
GUEST19126 just do some research. for z visa you need the criminal background check. i used chinavalid. worked for me. problem is since september, china is really pressing down on visa applications and my renewal came up in august with criminal record checks in place. i did my research and used that company.. chinese-americans run it i think.
Jul 10, 2014 21:01
GUEST91959 how long do you need to stay in china before using chinavalid to get the criminal record check?
Aug 5, 2014 06:52
  • GHOST
The criminal background check is for and from your home country, not for China. I recently had to get one even though for the last 10 years I've been in China! Then the form needs to be legalised by both your home country and the Chinese Embassy.
Oct 16, 2014 20:56
Dear CONSTANTIN,
There is a way that can be finished to apply for Z visa in hk ,but will cost much more money to finished it .May be you can ask the visa agency to help you if want to finished in hk .
Oct 16, 2014 23:56
  • BJLEEO
Quote:

Originally Posted by CONSTANTIN View Post

Hello,<br />
<br />
I am romanian citizen currently in Beijing. My current F visa expires so i will go to Hong Kong. I want to work in Shanghai.<br />
Is it true that if i go to HK to apply for a Z visa to work in Shanghai, they could send me back to Romania to apply from my home country?<br />
I have read this somewhere as a possib...

There should be NO problem to apply for a Z visa in HK. But before that, the employer should help you get the employment license and Z visa notification letter, with you providing necessary documents including no-criminal record certificate, original bachelor degree and 2-year work experience reference letter.
Post a Reply to: Z visa from Hong KOng
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code