Menu
Embarrassing photos from childhood! Do you have any?
Sep 29, 2013 21:36
  • BBQQ
So I think you should visit your mom often and recall your childhood with her together by appreciating your old photos.
Oct 1, 2013 11:00
  • MARK_81
Yes I'm actually going back to perth next year will be the first time for me in many many years. my wife and kids will see it for the first time. 4 week trip probably next april- should be fun!!
Oct 8, 2013 22:38
  • BBQQ
It sounds nice, Mark. I just spent my National Day Holidays together with my parents. We didn't go anywhere. I helped my mom to prepare for the dishes, clean the house and watch TV programs together. My mom said she was very happy to have me around her during the holidays.
Oct 15, 2013 07:05
  • MARK_81
Yes indeed it is so important to connect, or re-connect with your family. I have lived abroad (away from australia) since 2003 so yes except for short visits every now and then, staying over there for a whole month will be a real treat!
Oct 15, 2013 22:56
  • BBQQ
I guess your mom will be very happy when you come back. Will she prepare a table of dishes for you? My mom always makes a table of dishes when I come back. And she fills my bags with fruits, snacks .... when I leave. I tell her many times that I can buy them easily. She just says "Save your money for the dowries in the future. We won't prepare that for you. Our money is saved to support ourselves when we are sent to the home for the aged."

I know they are just kidding. They know that it's difficult for a girl to struggle in a big city with her plain salary.
Last edited by BBQQ: Oct 15, 2013 22:57
Oct 23, 2013 17:00
  • MARK_81
Yes absolutely BBQQ! my moms polish-catholic but raised in australia so you can imagine that's a very interesting meeting of cultures right there! so yes she loves filing up the tables with a mixture of traditional Polish dishes and the more local cuisine, hey she grills up a mean Aussie steak I tell ya that! lol

It will be a family reunion of sorts me my sister mom my wife my kids. it will be a blast. I talked to mom on the phone last night and there's already talk about her coming over to europe later next year visiting me. so all that plus my annual trips to china will keep me a busy busy beaver for now! lol

your traditions there sound nice too!
Oct 23, 2013 20:35
  • BBQQ
Yes, Chinese parents care about their children all the time. They raise their kids up but still think they are children even though they already grow as adults.
Nov 13, 2013 13:57
  • MARK_81
haha yes I've heard about that! polish mothers might be similar. I know my mom still thinks of me as her little boy! lol
Nov 13, 2013 21:38
  • JIMMYB
Someone told me "When you have a kid, you will feel how your dad and mom feel about you."

Mark, do you feel how your dad and mom feel about you?
Nov 21, 2013 13:44
  • MARK_81
I'm very close to my mom so I would say yes in that case
Page 2 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Embarrassing photos from childhood! Do you have any?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code