Menu
Spoiled pupils can’t clean their classrooms!
Sep 11, 2013 02:19
  • CHERRY07
I remember that we had to take turns to clean our classroom after school when I was in primary school. Last night, a TV program reported that two primary schools in Shaanxi Province required the pupils’ parents to clean the classrooms in turn. I was really surprised.

Why did the school authorities ask the pupils’ parents to clean the classroom? The pupils in grade one or two were too young to clean the classrooms. So the school made out a schedule for the pupils’ parents to clean the classrooms. If the pupils’ parents couldn’t come on that day when he was required to clean the classroom, they would have been fined to clean the classrooms for a whole week.

Why can’t the pupils clean the classrooms? Because they are young? No, they are spoiled by their parents at home. So they can’t do anything on their own. I bet that some pupils even don’t know how to tie their shoelaces.

As for those parents who come to school to clean the classrooms, I think they deserve it. If they keep spoiling their children, they will clean the classrooms until their children graduate after high school. Why? The college students don’t need to clean their classrooms because there are cleaners in colleges.

Sep 20, 2013 01:58
  • WANHU
Sweeping the floor is a training to students, though schools should have janitors. If the students didn't sweep the floor as scheduled in the duty roster, I would blame the teachers for their inability to train the students in their school, after all those students are young, and training is part and parcel of a teaching profession. After all, all teachers are trained in teacher's training colleges. Parents are not. Some parents become parents because they have a child, unplanned. Asking the parents to sweep the floor is uncalled for, as well as it shows the teachers do not know how to discipline their tender-aged students.
Wan
Sep 27, 2013 22:49
  • SUNNYDREAM
Both the school and parents should be blamed for. Why can't the pupils clean the classroom? Their parents spoil them and don't let them do housework at home. A teacher not only imparts knowledge to their students but also teaches their students to in many other ways. Why can't they teach the students to clean the floors?
Oct 2, 2013 00:42
  • WANHU
Some rich parents have valets, maids or house helpers at home, thus they don't ask their children to do housework, not even washing dishes or sweeping floors. But that doesn't mean the children are lazy. In schools they are students, and teachers should be able to impart both knowledge and discipline. In fact, from my observation, both preschoolers and those in primary schools will listen more to their teachers than their parents.

In many instances, some teachers today are obsessed and more interested in providing tuition as it means receiving more carrots in their coffers than inculcating good behaviour among students.

Wan
Oct 8, 2013 21:44
  • SUNNYDREAM
In fact, from my observation, both preschoolers and those in primary schools will listen more to their teachers than their parents.

It's true. That's why we say 教师是人类灵魂的塑造师 (Teachers are the builders of humans' souls'. They should understand what effects they will give to their students.
Post a Reply to: Spoiled pupils can’t clean their classrooms!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code