Menu
A bunch of money-made flowers, do you like it?
Sep 23, 2013 22:29
  • CHERRY07
A man from northern Shaanxi area gives around CNY 5000 to a flower shop and asks the boss to make a bunch of money-made flowers for him. It's probably the most expensive flowers I have ever seen.

If someone sends me a bunch of money-made flowers, I will immediately refuse him. If he can spends CNY 5000 on me, he can spend more on other girls too. By the way, I am more expensive than CNY 5000.

Sep 24, 2013 05:13
  • WANHU
In Malay wedding tradition, we have dowry as well as gift from the groom's side. Usually either dowry or gift (usually in the form of paper money in various denominations) would be decorated like flowers. It depends on the creativity of the decorator employed by the groom's family.
Wan
Sep 25, 2013 01:11
  • CHERRY07
Wan,

Don't they worry that their paper money will be stolen by someone? We don't do this in my city. The groom pays the bride price in advance before he gets married with the bride, usually during the engagement. Then the girl's family prepare some dowries and bring them to the groom's house on the wedding day. The dowries are washing machine, fridge, electric bike, lamp and quilts.

Besides, the girl's parents usually put a certain amount of money or a cheque in the luggage box. The box is taken by a reliable person, usually the bride's sister, brother or relative. There is a lock on the box. When the groom receives the box, he has to give red envelopes to the bride's sister, brother or relative.

You know, it's quite noisy on the wedding day. It's too easy for someone to steal the money made flowers or something valuable.

You probably don't know that some thieves pretend to be the groom's friends and then steal the valuables when the groom leaves the room.
Sep 25, 2013 05:35
  • WANHU
The groom comes with his parents and relatives and I am sure his parents would recognise everyone in their entourage. So far no one steals the dowry money because it's not much. Majority of the grooms would pay less than 1000 Yuan for the dowry as specified by the state law of its minimum amount. While the gifts to the bride would be in cash (around 10000 Yuan) and kind such as a pair of shoes, attire, etc. After everything is accepted then the father of the bride would solemnise the marriage with the presence of court official.
Wan
Oct 16, 2013 22:22
  • CHERRY07
Wan, I have attended several Chinese weddings. Before the groom and the bride come back to their chamber, everything is quiet and neat. When they come back, everyone swarms into the chamber to see the real faces of the groom and the bride. You know, some relatives might not have seen the bride or the groom before.

At that moment, everything is messy. The groom and the bride have no time to watch over their belongings because they are busy with the ritual. The groom's relatives and the bride's relatives don't know each other. Then the thief can pretend as the groom or the bride's relative to stay at the chamber.

When the ritual at the chamer finishes, the groom, the bride and all the relatives go to the restaurant for the wedding ceremony. The chamber is empty. So it's the best time for the thief to steal the valuables.

Wan, I'd like to invite you attend a traditional Chinese wedding here if possible. Then you will know what it is like.
Oct 22, 2013 05:18
  • WANHU
Thank you for your kind thought. It is indeed very good to be able to see the real wedding rather than watching over the video or youtube. I am always free in December.

With new fee and new ruling, not easy to get multiple entry Chinese visa except for business. Before I enjoyed multiple entry visa for 2 years.

Wan
Oct 22, 2013 20:52
  • CHERRY07
Wan,

Perhaps, you might be able to witness my wedding ceremony in the future. I will send you an invitation. Would you come? If you came, please prepare a red envelope, hahaha.
Nov 15, 2013 23:48
  • WANHU
Soon we will have direct flight from Kuala Lumpur to Xi'an by AirAsia. Can I prepare red envelop only? Haha
Wan
Nov 17, 2013 20:54
  • CHERRY07
No, no, no, you come too early. You should wait for my invitation. I haven't had a boyfriend yet. Whom should I marry if I want to receive your red envelope?
Post a Reply to: A bunch of money-made flowers, do you like it?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code