Menu
Do you prefer to spend your holidays at home or abroad?
Oct 13, 2013 22:28
guestLiLei Voting without time limit
Exclusive Vote
  1. 135 vote(s)
  2. 305 vote(s)
Note: Guest voter(s) are not displayed here.
In recent years, Chinese people seem to be very interested in traveling abroad. Asian countries including Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, Malaysia, Indonesia and Singapore are not their only destinations. They become much more interested in visiting European and American countries.

Perhaps, they are getting tired of crowding into those tourists sites together with other Chinese tourists. Just kidding! It’s nice to visit some different places and experience new things.

I am a boy who has never been abroad. What a pity! Now I am planning to go abroad on my next annual leave. What about you? Do you like spending your holidays at home or abroad?
Nov 7, 2013 10:53
  • CRIF
I like spend my holiday at home with my family members.I like shopping, watching Tv, swimming and rollerblading with my friends.
Nov 7, 2013 18:29
  • MARK_81
I voted for abroad obviously! that is why I joined this forum in the first place i.e. because of my love of all things China!

having said all that I got the week off from work but staying here.. actually me and my family won tickets to this years MTV awards which are here in Amsterdam this weekend so yes we will all be in the audience!
Nov 10, 2013 10:39
  • CRIF
Ya Mark...................
your vote goes to abroad,its quite different from me, i usually like to stay in home with my family aw well.apart from that Its really great forum,anybody love the things of china can join this forum as well.
Nov 10, 2013 19:47
  • JIMMYB
Crif,

The outsideworld is wonderful. Perhaps, you will develop yourself after visiting places embraced with different cultures.

Mark,

How many Chinese cities have you visited? I haven't been abroad yet.
Nov 13, 2013 11:50
  • CRIF
Jimmy ,

i know outside world is too beautiful and wonderful and having lots of things to enjoy,interact with their culture as well.alright apart from that thanks for your suggestion.
thanks
Nov 13, 2013 13:57
  • MARK_81
I missed that awards show. the kids are getting over a nasty cold/flu so we could not go. well anyway..

Welcome to the forum Crif! it's really nice on here. good discussions. nice people.

JimmyB: I have visited 7 different places so far. still so much more I wanna discover though...
Nov 13, 2013 19:53
  • JIMMYB
Crif,

I don't know whether you are a Chinese or a foreigner. Judging from the avatar, you look like a foreigner. However, I feel that you are a Chinese after reading your posts.

Today, everything is expensive in China. The entrance fees for the tourist attractions go up sharply. They just rob money from the tourists. My colleague went to visit some places in Guizhou two months ago. She told me that her trip cost nearly CNY 5000. I told her that CNY 5000 was enough for her to have a trip in Thailand.

Mark,

You seem to be rich enough to pay for the cost for traveling abroad. I am not sure if you ever heard about this. Rich Chinese people visit USA, Australia and European countries while poor Chinese visit Thailand, Vietnam and other Southeast Asian countries.

My savings allow me to visit the Southeast Asian countries. It’s a mission impossible for me to travel in European countries because I can’t afford the costs. One Euro is equal to almost 10 RMB. Really expensive.
Nov 15, 2013 15:59
  • CRIF
Jimmy,

I am agree with you,everything is expensive in China. The entrance fees for the tourist attractions go up sharply, infact very sharply.I have a suggestion when you came china then you must booked a good tourist guide as well.Sometimes they just rob money from the tourists,but this happens when people don't aware the area of china as well as the people,this will happens not in all areas.
Nov 17, 2013 20:21
  • JIMMYB
Crif,

I am a Chinese so that I needn't find a tour guide. I always travel together with my friends or alone. We usually make out travel itinerary in advance. Without joining the group tours, we can handle our time or revise our itinerary randomly.
Nov 19, 2013 07:01
  • JACOBWILSON
I would like to spend my holidays in Budapest.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Do you prefer to spend your holidays at home or abroad?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code