Menu
How many mobile phones have you used?
Oct 22, 2013 01:08
  • JIMMYB
I had my first cellphone when I was in the third year of my college life. I remembered that we were moved to a new campus and there were no public telephones on the campus. Our dorms were not equipped with telephones too. I had been out of touch with my parents for a month. When I got back home on the National Day Holidays, my dad gave me CNY 1500 and asked me to buy a mobile phone. I bought one when I got back to my college.

I had used my first mobile phone for around 2.5 years. After 2008 Chinese Spring Festival Holidays, I bought my second one Nokia N70. It cost me CNY 2000 (almost one month's wages). I gave up my first one because I couldn't receive or delete text messages.

I have to say that Nokia is a good and reliable mobile phone. It has been working well for 5.5 years (from 2008 to 2013). Right now, it has the same problem as my first mobile phone did. I can’t delete my text messages though I can send and receive messages. Another problem is that it doesn’t beep when I get a new message.

In fact, I had my third mobile phone in Apirl, 2012. It is an android mobile phone made by a Chinese company. Some of you might have heard about it. It’s called XIAOMI, which is well-known for its MIUI system (modified and improved from Google’s Android system).

Right now, I am considering whether I should buy a new one because my XIAOMI is now in my sister’s hands.

What about you? How many mobile phones have you owned?
Oct 22, 2013 04:54
  • WANHU
My first mobile phone was Mobikom about RMB300, after working for more than 8 years. This phone although has detachable but it's part of the phone. Then my second one was Nokia 3210 which we called it the Russian tank because it braved all kinds of weather. How unfortunate it fell into the water. My third phone was also Nokia, I bought last year in Shenzhen that cost me RMB60 and it works until today. As long as it allows to call, to receive calls and messages, fair enough for me.
Wan
Oct 22, 2013 20:40
  • JIMMYB
Mobikom? Is it an Malaysian brand?

Nokia is very nice. Its mobile phones are made of high quality. I don't remember how many times my N70 have fallen on the ground. But nothing happens to it. If it was today's touchscreen mobile phones, I guess it already broke into pieces. Unfortunately, Nokia didn't keep pace with the times. After it joins Microsoft's family, nothing has been changed. I am afraid that Nokia might disappear soon. Anyway, I will keep my N70. If Nokia requires to hold an exhibition for its previous products, I might send it to them.

I am considering of buying a new one because I need a smartphone to browse webpages, chat with my friends with QQ, Skype, WeChat etc. And I love taking pictures with mobile phones. It's convenient for me to record some interesting moments in my life.
Post a Reply to: How many mobile phones have you used?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code