Menu
Chongqing Hotpot Museum has opened!
Dec 12, 2013 20:19
  • BBQQ
Chongqing is famous for its hotpot. Yesterday, Chongqing Hotpot Museum was open to the public. It has a collection of more than 600 hotpots made of different materials such as pottery clay, porcelain, silver and tin. The most precious three hotpots are square bronze hotpot of Western Zhou Dynasty, tri-colored glazed pottery hotpot of the Tang Dynasty and silver hotpot made during the reign of Emperor Qianlong of the Qing Dynasty. The tri-colored glazed pottery hotpot of the Tang Dynasty is worth nearly 2 million RMB.

The landmark of the museum is a 37 meters high hotpot with the diameter of 20 meters. The huge hotpot is built on the site of a deserted brick kiln. Its inner buildings are divided into six floors. So far, three floors have been open to the public. On the first floor exhibits modern hotpots collected from all over the world. The second floor is themed with Chongqing Hotpot. It displays many Chongqing hotpots and related art works. On the third floor displays some precious hotpot relics, which tells the history of Chinese hotpots.

It’s said that the museum will be open to the public for free. Since the museum is still under construction, only group visitors (more than 10 persons) can make reservations for visiting this museum.
Oct 14, 2015 23:15
GUEST57104 Hello, can you tell me where this museum is? I am currently living in Chongqing and would love to visit, but can't find anything about its exact location or address.
Oct 15, 2015 20:19
GUEST7889
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST57104

Hello, can you tell me where this museum is? I am currently living in Chongqing and would love to visit, but can't find anything about its exact location or address.

It's located at No.1 Haihan Road, Jinfeng Town. You can take public bus no. 287 or 285 and get off at Jinfeng Station. Then walk to the museum. This museum is a bit far from the downtown area.

You can take bus or taxi to Bai Shi Yi No.5 Hospital Transportation Hub Station and then change bus no. 285 to Jinfeng Station. Then walk to the museum.
Post a Reply to: Chongqing Hotpot Museum has opened!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code