Menu
It’s likely that English will not appear in the college entrance examinations!
Dec 12, 2013 23:50
  • LAUGH
The Ministry of Education of PRC has been seeking for new way outs for college entrance examination system reform. Recently, a new plan has been released, which claims the systems of examination assessment and student enrollment will be redesigned.

English will not be included in the college entrance examinations. Instead, English exam will be held several times a year. Really good news for those who hate English.
Dec 13, 2013 00:35
  • WANHU
Do you like English?
Wan
Dec 14, 2013 21:12
  • LAUGH
Honestly, not much, Wan. I don't like Chinese teachers' way of teaching English, especially the grammatical classes. It's too complicated.
Dec 26, 2013 19:19
  • WANHU
During my journey in China, I have met a few Chinese English teachers as well as English major graduates. Many of them are too thick with local accents. I thought my English pronunciation is bad as majority of my guides couldn't understand my English well but with some British expats I met, they didn't have problem in understanding my English usage.
Wan
Dec 28, 2013 21:06
  • CHERRY07
That's because you speak pure British English in British accent. American English much popular than British English in PRC. I have a friend who has English as her major in college. She told me that she can understand American English very well. But she has difficulties in listening to local British English.

Another phenomenon is that some people from GB don't acknowledge that there are two kinds of English (British and American). To them, there is just only authentic English, that is, British.
Jan 10, 2014 10:53
  • WANHU
I am an Asian dear Cherry and my English is just Malaysian English with wrong tenses. I have been to both USA and UK and generally I could understand both, even Australian too although my previous visits were restricted to Perth, Fremantle and Melbourne. People tend to understand more US accents perhaps due to influx of American movies. When I was in one of the Arab countries, I was offered a plate of botato ships, hehe.
Wan
Jan 21, 2014 03:22
  • CHERRY07
You are really funny, Wan. Anyway your Malaysian English is better than my Chinese English.
Jan 21, 2014 05:30
  • WANHU
Botato ships instead of potato chips... people can still understand. We have constraints and limitations. While majority of the Arabs can't pronounce words with CH and NG where chip becomes ship and Beijing becomes Beijink, the Chinese too, with the words R and Z thus one thousand becomes one thourand. From your posts and comments, I know you have better command of English though English may not be your major.
Wan
Jan 22, 2014 03:10
  • CHERRY07
Wow, thanks for your compliment. If I was an English major, my teachers would have been mad with me.
Jan 28, 2014 05:45
  • WANHU
Mad or tough time? How unfortunate I didn't have time to study English properly, and in my everyday life, I seldom use English.
Wan
Feb 7, 2014 01:07
  • CHERRY07
Wan,

I am not an English major. I engage in Chinese language and literature.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: It’s likely that English will not appear in the college entrance examinations!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code