Menu
Do you believe in fortune-telling?
Dec 30, 2013 20:56
  • SUNNYDREAM
Voting without time limit
Exclusive Vote
  1. 11 vote(s)
  2. 21 vote(s)
Note: Guest voter(s) are not displayed here.
A Chinese girl heard that her mother-in-law once found a fortune teller to foresee the future of her and her husband. Her mother-in-law told them that her date of birth doesn’t match her husband’s date of birth. Then the girl believed that it was wrong for her to marry her husband. She quarreled with her husband many times and menaced that she would divorce him. Her husband cherished their love and didn’t want to divorce.

Unfortunately, the girl insisted on a divorce and started to curse at her husband’s parents. Eventually, her husband realized that it’s impossible for them to maintain their marriage. So he made an agreement with his wife and went to the civil affairs bureau for divorce. But the girl regretted and refused to sign her name on the agreement. She kept crying 2 hours but finally signed her name.

Do you believe fortune telling? If the fortune teller told you that you and your wife/husband won’t have a good marriage, what would you do?

Dec 31, 2013 02:12
  • WANHU
Dear Sunnydream
In life, especially in marriage we decide our future/marriage and not fortune teller whom never know his own fortune and destiny. We should believe in ourselves and ability, and try to brave ourselves of all odds.
Wan
Dec 31, 2013 03:33
  • JIMMYB
The girl really deserves divorce. Everyone has his/her bottom line. If my future wife keep cursing my parents for no reason, I will let her go quickly. If I did something wrong, she could scold me. But please don't involve my parents in.

Honestly, I met some street fortune tellers. Every time they tried to forecast my future for free, I just left as quickly as I could. Although I don't what my future is, I will do my best to blueprint my own rather than let someone does it for me.
Jan 10, 2014 10:19
  • WANHU
I agree with you Jimmy.
Wan
Jan 21, 2014 00:49
  • JIMMYB
Wan,

I just remember a sentence quoted from a Chinese TV serials. A girl's mother says "It's good to see your boyfriend's parents early. If his parents are good, their son should be good too."

The parents of the girl who dare curse her parents-in-law failed to educate their daughter very well. They didn't teach their daughter to respect the elderly.
Jan 21, 2014 05:47
  • WANHU
We should love the young and respect the old. Nowadays parents may be good but their children picked up bad habits from their own peers. We have 10 brothers and sisters and none of us smoke, but 3 of my brother no. 3's sons smoke. I may not hate smokers but I never allow smoking in my house.
Wan
Jan 22, 2014 03:03
  • JIMMYB
Wan,

My dad is a heavy smoker but I don't smoke.
Post a Reply to: Do you believe in fortune-telling?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code