Menu
Do you carry bags for your GF or wife?
Jan 22, 2014 00:36
  • JIMMYB
Voting without time limit
Exclusive Vote
  1. 179 vote(s)
  2. 116 vote(s)
Note: Guest voter(s) are not displayed here.
I was totally surprised when I read this article from the FT Chinese website. A Chinese girl called Chun Hua had an appointment with a French man called Ben. They planned to visit a museum. When Chun Hua arrived, she found that Ben was already there. Chun Hua looked tired because she was busy with her work just half an hour ago. Then she asked Ben to carry her bag for her. Ben was very surprised and said “Do you think I am a dog that carries your bag behind you?” Chun Hua was shocked by Ben’s words. She thought Ben was a gentleman so that he shouldn’t have refused to carry her bag.

What’s wrong? When she was in China, her ex-boyfriend and her colleagues were willing to carry her bag. Especially her ex-boyfriend, he carried her bag every time when they went out together. In Fact, almost all young Chinese boys carry bags for their girls. But why didn’t the French guy refuse to carry bag for her? She always believed that westerners were all gentlemen.

I don’t know if Chun Hua asked her ex-boyfriend whether he was happy to carry bag for her. Some men are willing to carry bags for women because they believe this behavior (carrying bags for women) makes them look like gentlemen. Some men hate to carry bags for women but they have to carry bags for them. WHY? Because most men carry bags for their girls.

Why don’t western men carry bags for their women? They treat their women like ladies and they respect their ladies. Why do Chinese men carry bags for their women? They treat their women like princesses and they spoil their princesses.

If a woman has many heavy things in hands, I am willing to carry bag for her. If a woman has nothing else but just a handbag in hands, I am really reluctant to carry her handbag.
Feb 8, 2014 21:04
GUEST92131 We say: If you can't carry it, don't bring it with you.

Some women stuff their bags with so many unnecessary items. Men don't really know why.

But the point is: being a gentleman has nothing to do with refusal to carry a bag for a lady.

Feb 21, 2014 20:18
  • MARK_81
I do yes not because I have to but I want to hey I'm a gentleman after all!
Feb 28, 2014 18:33
  • NOBODY
Actually a Gentleman would only carry a lady's bag in extraordinary circumstances. A Lady's bag is her private property with several items a Gentleman is not supposed to see. (Tampons, ID, etc.)
Many Chinese people have a false picture of the word Gentleman, in China it means to do everything for the lady, in most European countries it means being a Gentleman.
It means helping a lady in most (not all) situations and treating her with respect.
So here I would like to focus on 2 words: Lady, respect.
The requirement to be treated like a lady is to be a lady and most women do not meet this requirement.
Second, treating her with respect doesn't mean to do everything for her but to be helpful and considerate.
Mar 13, 2014 03:04
  • JIMMYB
applause, Nobody.

Chinese ladies have false understanding of Gentleman. In their eyes, a gentleman should treat them like princesses.

How do you know so much about China, Nobody?
May 8, 2014 22:23
GUEST16191 It is unbelievable that Asian women are too precious to carry they're own handbags. Being a gentleman does not mean they are our slaves. Asian men look stupid running behind they're women carry they're handbags. Grow a set of balls Men and make them carry they're own handbags.
May 27, 2014 16:08
GUEST46137 I am a woman and I will not ask my bf to carry my purse. If it is a luggage or something heavy, I would nicely ask.
May 28, 2014 15:47
GUEST45155 i would like someone to carry my things and spoil me..i think that is a thoughtful thing to do..but only if he is my boyfriend..
you don't ask your female friend to carry things for you ,unless you have something in your hands or busy ,so you don't ask that to your male friends either...
but boyfriends are there to spoil you.. so he might be willing to do this ridiculous things i ask and carry my bag if i ask... sadly i dont usually bring bags with me because boys and girls would ask me to carry things that they usually carry in their pockets,like keys, food,or celllphone,.. i consider you should carry your own bags and items...
But this doesn't apply for boyfriends because they must be willing to carry your things if you ask.. and carry theirs in your bag if they ask
Jun 18, 2014 13:22
  • MARK_81
Yes the thing is my wife is very tough she can do it all! but sometimes I do like to help her still!
Jun 21, 2014 13:25
GUEST75122 My Chinese gf's understand quite clearly I will never carry their purse.
I suppose this is what you mean by "bag".

I have no problem helping with shopping bags, or such. This is def the proper thing to do. But I will never in a million years carry her purse. Honestly, I look down on Chinese men who do. Chinese men try too hard to woo their gf's. Maybe because the numbers are against them. This is a big mistake.

Aug 13, 2014 22:12
GUEST89161 Carry their bags if they ask but don't make it an usual thing
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Do you carry bags for your GF or wife?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code