Menu
Do you carry bags for your GF or wife?
Oct 16, 2014 23:20
  • WANHU
She came back from work and definitely not a grocery bag.
Wan
Dec 23, 2014 16:40
GUEST01147 My boyfriend carries my shopping bags or something and helps me with luggage... I never would ask him to carry my purse though haha. I'm from the US btw.
Dec 24, 2014 20:40
GUEST14225 It is about being nice or not. If your GF or wife ask you to carry her bag/purse in a nice and polite way, then there is no question of being a “dog”. Actually the thought of being used as an animal already shows the mentality of the other party. On the other hand if this is the standard practice in China and you are going out with a Chinese woman, then get your basics right, do some homework and do not react like a “dog” (untrained dog, I may add). It is one of those “couple” things, if you are uncomfortable about it, talk to the other and I am sure an agreeable accommodation is reachable through dialogue.
We speak of global village but cultural differences and customs are very different from one country/place to another and let our differences enrich our lives rather than divide it.
Yes, when in Rome, do like… Romans
Feb 15, 2015 08:19
GUESTKAIZEN I agreed with most comments regarding not to carry a women bag unless it is really necessary eg she twisted her ankle, and asked you hold for a while. but on day by day cases i too highly recommend guys not to do it. This has nothing to do with gentlemen. If you are in doubt wiki do provide a Great explaination of what is a gentlemen. For those guys who still insist to carry ur gf wife purse bags I would ask you to think about the future outcome 1. It' will be impossible and impractical for you to sustain this behaviour for the long run (imagine you are in your 50"s) and you end up with unnecessary arguments over trivial matters. Because they will say (among many things) you did it for me before or in the past why can't you do it again? You've changed!!! You don't love me anymore...etc etc ("poor me" attitude comes in). And you get to
Completely drain in the long run.

Girls who "expect" guys to carry their purse are not mentally mature yet. And both parties will end with kiddy high school Arguments even when you are an adult.

Think deeper, a bag or purse is simply an object they use to manipulate your behaviour to satisfy their emotion.. Once achieved and successful the Next thing they want, expects and implied is that you must get their approval from Her over "everything" that's happening in your life.

She will end up the decision maker and you - the follower.

Choose someone who don't expect you to carry her bags or purse.

My comments are based on real life observation of a family member and friends.

May 5, 2020 08:16
GUEST30129 I think being gentle is different from culture to culture! In my culture my father, brothers, and husband would always carry the heavy things for me b/c in their eyes I am a lady, and I like it from them, when I refuse and they insist! I believe it is just a cultural thing. Like in some cultures, it would be sooo gentle, and in others just a dog thing .
Page 2 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Do you carry bags for your GF or wife?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code