Menu
Moving to Qingdao - Please Help!
Jun 8, 2014 13:56
guestRLL I am working with a family that is hoping to move to Qingdao for work. I am hoping that you guys can help with a few questions/concerns we have....

How are the International Schools (English Speaking)? What are the pros/cons of each?

Are there any specific areas where Expats tend to live? Are there English speaking or Romanian speaking communities within Qingdao?

If someone were to visit Qingdao for a few days what would your top recommendations be for them to see/do? Are there things that only Qingdao can offer that are worth seeing/doing?

Are there any local (English speaking) relocation/real estate companies that you would recommend that can offer tours of the area, show some properties in different areas, and help visit the different International Schools?

Thanks very much,
Ryan
Aug 5, 2014 06:39
  • GHOST
Hi Ryan

Maybe you've arrived in Qingdao already, sorry not to see your post earlier. There are other posts on this website about international schools in China. The big four are all good and very professional. I don't want to suggest which is the best... you can check them out yourself. Each have different strengths and qualitities.

There are several areas where expats are grouping together. Most are in the centre of town. I know that there are many families living in the Jinhai Guang Chang-Hisense Yandao Apartments area (near the Intercontinental Hotel). Singles are spread around town but again most favour being in the centre.

I don't know of many Romanians in Qingdao but there are other Eastern Europeans. Several English communities exist; the Qingdao Expat Group, Qingdao International Business Association, Qingdao International Christian Fellowship, Hash House Harriers, Toastmasters and even a recently started Couchsurfing group.

If you're visiting for just a few days then look around the old town, spend some time on the beach crowd-watching, go downtown to the Taidong night market, walk around the pier, hike up Fushan or the TV Tower for a view of the city. There are other more traditional sights but more catering to the Chineses populace than foreigners.

Send me a personal message if you are interested in a tailor-made introduction to the city including housing and schools. I may be able to work something out for you.
Aug 18, 2014 23:22
GUEST55168 My name is Sarah. I am an american girl living and working in Qingdao, also.

PKU International Preschool is a great international preschool. We have a little Romanian girl in our school already.

You can call me if you need any help in Qingdao, I am fluent in Chinese and maybe you can come and visit our school.

qingdao number: 15215422019
Post a Reply to: Moving to Qingdao - Please Help!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code