Menu
Beijing to Hongkong!
Jun 1, 2005 16:24
  • NEWBIRD
Hi!

After a six month stint in Beijing, I will be returning to Singapore on 25th June.

I hope to do so via the following route:
beijing
-> xian (3 days - bingmayong and huashan)
-> chongqing (1 day)
-(yangtze tour) ( 5 days)
-> yichang (2 days - maybe wudangshan)
-> guangdong (2 days)
-> hongkong (2 days)
-> Singapore.

I will take a budget flight from Hongkong to Singapore on 11th July. Except for a backpack, I will not be carrying any heavy luggage. Does anybody forsee any problems or have any advice? I was told that a permit is not required to enter hongkong, is this true? I am also worried about the prices of the 3 Gorges cruise. I had seen some websites and the cheapest I saw was around 2000RMB. Will I be able to find cheaper alternatives at Chongqing? My budget for the cruise is around 1000RMB. Is guangdong a good stop before going to hongkong? Any places worth visiting there?

Thanks in advance!
Jun 3, 2005 12:33
  • CATHERINE
I think it is very easy to find a cruise ship which cost you less than 1000 yuan. While be adviced that means the ship will be a domestic passenger ship, and 4 or 6 persons share one cabin.

For this kind of ships, you even do not need to prebook. Just arrived Chongqing and then go out, there are many agencies dealing with the ship tickets.
Sep 17, 2008 02:04
GUEST13536 hi im doing a itinerry to go to china for school if you have any suggestions please post it here
Post a Reply to: Beijing to Hongkong!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code